Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Is it just me or is this getting high

dhermesc

I've looked at this unit in person, it doesn't run (battery dead) and is not represented as running. The owner does admit the transmission is "Ruined" (note taped to unit but no details). Is it just me or doesn't this seem really high? http://www.purplewaveauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?purple28/7994

I would be wary of anyone selling a tractor as "running", but "needs battery" If you wanted top dollar for a tractor would you not be willing to spend $25-30 for a battery. That tractor looks a bit used up anyway, and should be sold as a fixer-upper... In my opinion of course...

bad battery, bad trans, flat tire, not tested and no way to check out. sounds like buyer beware to me.

That is a lot but you are getting a tiller and hopefully the drive for it, a dozer blade and a 48" deck. I have noticed anytime you add attachments to a tractor the price seem to jump, JMHO.

I would trust your instincts. You saw it, and if you think it's high, it probably is. Maybe others like the pictures.

That's pretty high. I'm currently selling a working AC B-210 with hydro lift, wheel weights, deck with new blades, starts every time, strong runner for $400 So that guy's definitely out of his mind.

I bought a simplicity equivalent without tiller a month ago at the Jones, Michigan swap meet for $20.00 it didn`t have a motor. I bought because my neighbor needed the deck.

It sold for $475 then you need to a 10% buyers premium and sales tax (something like 6.8%) so he'll have $558 in it before he starts tearing into the transmission. I shouldn't complain - I sold a 12 year old Wards Signature 2000 (MTD) with a 18 hp Briggs engine and a 42" deck at the same auction two weeks ago for $425.00. Only problem is they keep 20% and still haven't paid me yet (says it takes two weeks to get paid). http://www.purplewaveauction.net/cgi-bin/mnlist.cgi?purple9/category/LAWN-AND-GARDEN

I think its high for the unit regardless of the attachments. It will still cost a good bit to get it going and it looks well used.