Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Dozer blade

jimcadigan

Glad to be a new member and great site, a wealth of information!! I have recently got my hands on a 46" snow/dozer blade model # 1691000 that the previous owner used with a deutz 1918 traction unit. I have not been able to find any info on "what fits what", I know that it currently will not hook to my 917 ac. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas or advise for me. thanks

I'm not sure about the Legacy, but anything that fit the front of the Sunstar/Ultima, wouldn't fit anything else - which is why you should promptly ship your black sheep to me to mount on my Sunstar! }:) :)

quote:
Originally posted by WITom
I'm not sure about the Legacy, but anything that fit the front of the Sunstar/Ultima, wouldn't fit anything else - which is why you should promptly ship your black sheep to me to mount on my Sunstar! }:) :)
Well, I think i'm gonna break out the torch and welder and fab some kinda mounting system and if I get too many busted knuckles and the neighbors call due to the cursing going on in the garage you may see it in the classifieds. Unless the price is right I'm willing to entertain offers. Jim

Jim: Welcome aboard. What are you looking to get out of that blade? I may have a 42" blade that would fit you AC that doesn't fit my SUNSTAR.

Well i'm not sure if im gonna unload it now. Today I got a line on a ultima, if I can convince them to sell it, that may replace my 917 or I just keep it and start a collection.
quote:
Originally posted by djcgrand
Jim: Welcome aboard. What are you looking to get out of that blade? I may have a 42" blade that would fit you AC that doesn't fit my SUNSTAR.

quote:
Originally posted by jimcadigan
Well i'm not sure if im gonna unload it now. Today I got a line on a ultima, if I can convince them to sell it, that may replace my 917 or I just keep it and start a collection.
bingo. how long have you been here? you've got the fever for sure now.

I like the sound of "start a collection" besides one never knows when you might run out of gas and need a spare

I've only been here a week of so but, I think i'm gonna need a bigger garage if I stick around!!!!ha

quote:
Originally posted by jimcadigan
I've only been here a week of so but, I think i'm gonna need a bigger garage if I stick around!!!!ha
You never have seen the future any more clearly than you just stated it... I started with one sunstar , than two deutz allis / simplicity 6500 series... that I combined into one clean tractor... now I have boxes of parts everywhere and I am looking to organize some sort of parts rack to store parts and not lose them... plus I now have three sunstars and a couple snowblowers that fit them... A bigger garage or an out building is in your future... or a least more stuff...

If your wife keeps planting flowers around the yard you will have no use for a tractor ,better have her save 1 strip of grass .sm06