Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

10 hp and vacuum attachment?

mikeb

Is a 10 hp motor enough (in a FD) to run the vacuum/trailer attachment effectively? I realize they were originally sold that way. I'm considering purchasing one, just looking for a little real world experience from folks actually using the vacuum/trailer attachment. Do you wish for more HP, or is 10 normally enough if I don't get carried away and try to cut 6 inches of grass and chop up 3 inches of leaves at the same time? Thanks for the help, mike bennett

Never had a problem in the past with a 42" deck. Might be alittle much with a hydro and 48" deck.

I just upgraded my 7010 (RBT) from a 10 horse to a 16 horse partly because I thought it was underpowered to run my 42" deck and vacuum discharging into a trailer. Most times it was okay but I have some hilly parts to my yard that gave it trouble.

Assuming it's in good running condition, I think it should handle it OK. You may have to take any hills slower.