Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

tell me about this tractor

my02xcsp

Im thinking of offering some money to buy it but i dont know alot about them. Its listed as a 3314 14Hp hydro with 44" deck and tiller. What do you think?? Thanks http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110131080051&indexURL=5&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

Hi and welcome to the group. The deck is actually a 48" not a 44". There is not actually a rear PTO but there is a center PTO that is used to drive rear attachments. Looks like the front tires are a little low on air. Otherwise condition is about average. If everything works as it should and the hydro doesn't leak it would be a great tractor. I'd look for a little lower price myself, but the electric lift and hydro are a plus.

I had one before, except it was a 10Hp. These are awesome tractors, very powerful and fast. But, for the price, you could get 2 of these. That guy is dreaming.

Never hurts to make an offer, I always like to try before I buy. You could download a copy of the owners manual. I think the product # is 990980

Would a small bucket be ok on a tractor like this?? So the lift for the deck isnt a hydro?? Its electric?? How are parts for these?? Expensive? My goal would be to partially restore it. If properly restored how much would something like it be worth?

Yes a small bucket would be fine, as long as you learn the limitations of the machine. The lift is an electric actuator. From what I have seen and heard, they are very strong. Parts are mostly available. Some get expensive, but most aren't too bad. What it's worth? well as you can tell by the above statements. some price things differently than others. It's worth what you would let it go for, or what some one is willing to pay for it. Not an easy question to answer.

What is the differance between the 7016 and the 3314 ? Which one is better. They are both in similar condition but the 7016 is missing the Carb.

There are two main differences. 1) 3314 uses the older obsolete Vickers Hydrostatic transmission, while the 7016 uses the Sundstrand Transmission 2) The 3314 uses the older style PTO that hangs under the tractor, while the 7016 uses the newer Cone Clutch PTO. The old style PTO was last used on tractors in 1972. The Vickers was last used on tractors around 1973/74. Cone Clutch PTO's were made and used on Soverign type tractors till the year 2000 as were the Sundstrand Transmissions.

I've heard that electric lift is very strong, but much slower than hydraulic lift. BUT... I personally would rather electric, because hydraulic is a parasitic component. It takes away some HP. Whereas, an electric lift doesn't.

I have an electric lift on an AC 712H. It's nice for lifting a mower deck, but I don't like using it with a snowblade. Like mentioned above, it's sssslllllooooowwwww......:O

Are there any disadvantages to using the older style Vickers Hydrostatic transmission? Are they bullit proof?? Are the cone clutch PTO's better than the old style?

The Vickers are nice trannys, but they almost always leak. if theres nothing wrong with it and it doesnt yet leak too bad it wouldnt be a bad thing. Just got to remember that parts are becoming unavailable to repair them, and fixing the leaks is a $300-$400 repair at least(if it can be done that cheap). As to the PTO's I like both types for certain things. Both have their pros and cons, and it mainly is a matter of personal preference. What it mainly amounts to is finding the attachments that can be used with the PTO you have.

To put it in perspective I bought a Cub Cadet 1450(I know, I know - wrong site), 14hp Kolher, hydrostat shaft driven transmission, 50" mowing deck, 38" rear tiller with hydraulic lift $600. I did have to replace the front tires and the seat but after that its been a good little garden tractor.