Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
adamf203

Rototiller for Chalmers

adamf203
I picked up a Simplicity 3210 for parts and it had the hydro lift rototiller as one of its attachments. The tractor has to hydro. arms - one on the right side where the plow would attach and then one inside under the hydro. pump where you can connect an arm to the rear end and hook to the rototiller attachment. I using the Simplicity for parts - mainly the transmission - for parts on my Chalmers B212 which I started taking apart yesterday. However, it doesn't seem like the 212 has a similar hydro. arm under the pump like the 3210 has. Am I even able to use this rototiller and if so how does it attach??

Kent
The 3210 should be essentially the same tractor as the B212 -- different engine, chrome, trim and seat. The rear lift should be the same -- it should've had a rockshaft/cross-shaft with the appropriate connection for a rear lift. If someone has modified it, you can remove and replace that shaft -- though it's often a pain, due to rust, and requires heat and a lot of persuasion (i.e. hammering)...