Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CCKB Adjustments

mjg6319

Hi, first off I'd like to thank everyone for the all the help I've recieved since joining the club and for all the info I've gained from past posts. Now on to my question: Does anyone have info on valve or other adjustments on the CCKB. While I'm waiting on the carb kit from my local Cummins dealer I'd thought I'd do some preventive maintenence on my AC 720. With the carb off, everything is much more accessible! Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Preliminary adjustment: back out the idle jet screw about 1 1/2 turns and the main jet about 1 1/2 turns. Onan 19.5 Zenith carburetor: Some service parts for Series 1408, part # 13262 still available but not included in service kit: C54-39-2-27 idle jet tube assembly C63-254 vent tube C66-133 discharge jet C85-129 float C3-132 fuel bowl C29-1593 throttle shaft assembly C21-219 throttle plate C108-294 choke shaft and lever assembly C102-139 choke plate C71-105-34 jet adjustment assembly Overhaul Kit # K2165, About $30 Can be purchased at: Bailey Motor Equipment 10501 South Orange Ave Orlando, FL 32824 Phone (407) 422-8134 Phone (800) 394-8134 bmeco@aol.com You can purchase one gallon on carburetor cleaner from Advance Auto Parts for about $12.

Mike, thanks for the info. I think I've got a previous version of this post bookmarked for the carb rebuild. Should have went ahead and bought the kit from Bailey, the Cummins dealer is charging me $40 for a Zenith kit and its taking them forever to get it in. I have the carb soaking in some Yamaha carb cleaner I had left over from the bike. Do you have any info on valve adjustment on the engine? The valve covers are leaking so I thought I'd replace the gaskets and do an adjustment on them before I put the carb back on. Thanks again, Mike.

Intake is .006 min. to .008 max. Exhaust is .015 min. to .017 max. Point gap is .020. Plug gap is .025. Timing is 20 deg. BTC.

Mike, just my opinion but now would be a good time to lift the engine and clean out any debris that has gathered around the base of the motor. I also would remove all of the air shields and clean the engine thoroughly. I just did this to my 9020 a few weeks ago and it always seems to help the motor run cooler. I even got a gallon of paint thinner and used a spray bottle and washed the engine down, it was amazing the amount of crud that builds up!!

Good idea Scott, when I first got the tractor last year I had to remove the tins and blow out several years worth of grass build-up/mouse nest before I used it to mow for the first time. Same with the air cleaner element, it was filthy. I had to wash it out with soap and water and the air hose several times before I got all the crud out. I added a precleaner made form some window air-conditioner filter material to keep the big stuff out from now on. While I'm on the subject, does anyone have a line on a replacement element for the AC720 w/ the CCKB? All the listings I've found are for a cylindrical element with the airflow around the perimeter where as the factory element flows right through the center, basically a rubber ring w/ a pleated filter in the center.

The aluminum bowl with a filter stuck in it is the replacement for the BIG 'puck' lookin' filter. The only 'not exactly' fit is on the 616 & 4040 with the upright carbs. Wix, Baldwin make replacements. Search for CCKB Filter & you'll find a plethora of stuff! JP

Thanks JP, I found the aluminum bowl style replacement filter assembly on ebay for $30. Do you know if this just clamps onto the rubber tube like the factory canister?