Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dallenx

AC 620 pto clutch drive shaft rebuild

dallenx
Has anyone rebuilt their internal drive shaft and rear clutch? The chain broke on mine and ripped the wires out of the clutch. The bearing retainer is frozen to the bearing which is frozen to the shaft.sm02 I called the local dealer and the bearing and other parts are no longer available. I'm going to try to cross-ref the bearing to maybe a Timken. Has anyone tried that before?

Call Brenda at Sandy Lake Implement. 724-376-2489

dallenx
I'll have to do some calling around I guess. I have two rear clutch shafts and both bearings are seized. The 'want' of the 60" belly mower and cheap 67' convertible mustang have been removed from my signature. They were put there as a joke because I know that I'll never find either.

D-17_Dave
Dana, used decks are fairly common for these tractors. Lots of choices in various stages of condition. What you'll likely find are issues changing from the loader to a deck since the difficulty in changing the underframe of the loader to use a deck is so heavy and time consuming. Better of just leaving a dedicated loader tractor and getting a second for just mowing.;)

JP
I (again) agree with Dave! You SHOULD have one 'Max' per implement! Why waste VALUABLE time foolin' around with putting on, taking off, moving implements hither & yon only to forget where the Heck Hither & yon IS! I think you should get a 720! It's the ONLY thing that would complement the 620! :D

dallenx
I agree. I've never had the loader off the 620 and it's not easy to plow or rototill with all that weight up front. I broke an axle shaft on the 620 so I had to take one off the Power'Max so now that ones in the barn until I can find parts. I want to set it up as the mower/tiller tractor. Finding such things around here is not that easy. It's 'green' country. Simplicity and AC never really got a foot hold here in the NW.