Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Finish mower on 4041

walker45

I have a 4041 and the original 50 inch deck is in bad shape and would like to add a Finish mower to it but can't find answers I need to for this, I have heard differant stories that you cannot add say a woods or any finish mower because of the PTO rating of these tractors. I've seen pics of finish mowers on these tractors so I guess it is possible what type of shaft do I need to hook up to mower to tractor since the 4041 has internal splines on PTO and most mowers have a male shaft and what about the RPM ratings they say it runs at 2000 rpms and mowers run at 540 or 1000 not sure what all this means, but if someone has pics or recommendations on what I need to be able to use a finish mower with this tractor would be greatly appreciated.

In the era that these tractors were built there was number of manufactures that made implements for 2000 rpm pto's and cat 0 3pt. you might find a used one on e-bay but a used 60" deck is easier to find.

A 2000 RPM finish mower might be very hard to find. The original deck should be a 60" MFG# 990698. What is wrong with your mower deck? All parts needed to fix it should still be available and cheaper than a 2000 RPM finish mower and PTO shaft if you can find one.

Woods model RM42CO works on a powermax. Also Honda made a rear mower/brush hog that works on it. They are out there if you get lucky. Be careful when getting a Woods RM mower. Some were made for Yanmars that had the right shaft but the wrong rotation. Good luck.

I forgot to mention that Deere also made finishing mowers for Cat 0 2000 rpm pto's. [url]http://cgi.ebay.com/JOHN-DEERE-50-3PT-2000-RPM-FINISH-MOWER_W0QQitemZ200115861903QQihZ010QQcategoryZ50374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/url] A little pricey and a ways from North Carolina but they are out there.