Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

7790 Simplicity

steamtoys

I have some more questions Picture of Hydro Unit is this a Sunstrand Hydro? Picture of fuel filter assembly. Does anyone know of a replacement filter avaiable possibly in a auto supply store. Filter pictured is 3 inches tall. I do know that a NAPA 3358 will fit but it is 4-1/2 inches tall and vibrates excessively! Tractor is pretty much under control with no more oil leaks!!

Yes, it's a Sundstrand, just like the other 7000/7100 series that have hydraulic lift. Can't answer the filter question, tho...

Yes, Sir, that is a Sunstrand hydro. The vickers units did not come from the factory with a hydrolift plumbed off the charge pump. The Sunstrand did. That is the same tranny that is in my AC 716H and my Simp 7016H. I can't help with the diesel questions.

Fuel filter Napa 3195 or Wix 33195 If the filter is moving around the filter bracket #30 in the diagram is broke. It needs to be removed and welded. It is very hard to remove this bracket from the frame with out removing the engine but it can be done with patience.

Thank You for the response. The main reason for the filter vibration is that the bracket has been extended in height in order to install an electric fuel pump below the filter. I was hoping to find a shorter filter feeling that it would reduce the vibration. The picture (Italian Filter) is the filter on my spare engine. The tractor has a Napa 3358 that is 4-1/2" tall and I thought the extended lenth - weight was adding to the vibration. I looked at the Napa 3195 on line, it is 1/2" shorter and does have the proper threads Possibly the best idea will be to redesign. Thanks for the input. Ron

Hey Ron, the Wix 33392/NAPA 3392/Baldwin BF1267 is an even shorter version of the 3358 or the 3195. The Wix says it is 3.374 in height, and the Baldwin says 3 1/8, but I don't know if they are measuring the drain or not. 10u fuel filter, 16x1.5mm. A spare motor came with that filter on it. I have a Lombardini on mine right now that just tucks in perfect, if it were any taller it would hit the frame as the motor moves around in it's mounts. An excellent oil filter reference is oring.pdf on the Baldwin site, http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/oring.pdf

quote:
Originally posted by 2burning
Hey Ron, the Wix 33392/NAPA 3392/Baldwin BF1267 is an even shorter version of the 3358 or the 3195. The Wix says it is 3.374 in height, and the Baldwin says 3 1/8, but I don't know if they are measuring the drain or not. 10u fuel filter, 16x1.5mm. A spare motor came with that filter on it. I have a Lombardini on mine right now that just tucks in perfect, if it were any taller it would hit the frame as the motor moves around in it's mounts. An excellent oil filter reference is oring.pdf on the Baldwin site, http://catalog.baldwinfilter.com/oring.pdf

2burning: Thanks For The Great Info on filters. Here is a picture of what I have done for now with a Kubota filter, fuel pump is a Mr. Gasket Pump. Solved my vibration problems for now! Can always go back to original at a later date. Ron

From your picture the filter bracket is not factory. It looks like the factory bracket on the motor is broke.

Yes You are right. This is a bracket that I made. The bracket and pump are now mounted on the Tractor frame, this has eliminated the excess vibration I had before. Not correct but it has solved past problems. Original bracket had been cobbed up by an earlier owner. Ron

The original design was so the filter would move with the motor and not put undue stress on the fuel lines, even though you have the flexable lines they are not that flexable and most likely is putting stress on the stationary part of the line. JMO