Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What does this Blade fit?

FiremanRon

I bought a Snow blade today with the hitch. The number on the blade is 1690085. There isn't a number on the hitch. The mounting points are about 10 1/2 inches apart, versus 7 1/2 inches on my Regent. Looking through the cross-reference, it seems like a lot of tractors have the same spacing as mine, since they use the same snowthrower hitch as mine. Can anyone tell me what this might fit? I'll probably be modifying this one to fit my tractor, unless I can get the correct one for not too much money. Thanks, Ron

1690085 is listed as a 42" blade for a Sovereign GTH-L, Allis 900, MF 2800, and Simp. 7100 series. It will probably fit other large frame tractors as well. As for the hitch, if it has 3 positions (center, left, right) it may be a 1690497. My 7000 series has a 10.5" spacing. I am using a blade and hitch from a Big-10. I suspect most of the large frame (Sovereign type) tractors from 1960-2000 used the 10.5" spacing.

That blade & hitch will fit your tractor, but you will need the drop hitch adapter that goes on your regent with 4 pins and then the hitch you have will bolt to it. I have one of those adapters if you would like to purchase it for $35. Email me if you want. Cal

yup thats all you neeed I just bought one from Cal for my B-207E (similar) and it works great? Thanks Cal Matthew

Would the "drop hitch adapter" be similar to the hitch that my snowthrower mounts to? It mounts to the tractor with 4 pins, then the snowthrower mounts to it with 2 more. I haven't measured it yet, but it looks about right. If that is the case, maybe I could remove the belt, and use that piece. I thought the blade hitch just fit up into the channels on the bottom of the front axle. I didn't realize there were extra parts needed. I only paid $40 for it, so I'm not complaining. I'll get to work, eventually. Maybe I can us this for an excuse to get a bigger tractor?

The snowplow drop hitch is much different than the snow blower hitch, if you make an adapter just try not to coble up the plow hitch that you have, then when you get a larger sim. or AC the plow hitch will fit. $40 was a real bargain for that plow setup. Cal

I talked to my dad tonght, and he has the piece I need. He had an extra one, so I won't have to mess anything up. Thanks for all the information.