Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rearends

cahickm2

I have a 3212h with a leaky vickers rearend. I took it to the local simplicity dealer to have them fix it. They gave me a $500 estimate so i said forget it. I got to thinking though. I have access to a 3 speed rearend of of a 2012. But i was wondering if i put it on would the 48" deck still fit? would the tractor still be the same length with that rearend? I would have to use the side plates from the 2012. Where is the 3212 longer at? the main frame, or from the bgb back?

You could try the side plates from the 3212, but since it was a hydro, it may not have all the holes drilled in the right places for a 3-speed. I would try it myself. You could always line up the corresponding short and long plates and drill any additional holes that are needed. Be sure that you have the correct ends of the plates aligned before marking and drilling any new holes.

The 3 speed case and the Variable are the same as far as I know. Side plates off the variable should fit to the 3 speed and then onto your tractor. Only thing is you may need a longer shift rod or the one that came with the variable tractor.