Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
richp

Snowblower mounting

richp
I am looking for A snowblower for my 7100 series. I remember seeing someone mount A blower off a foot dragger running the center pto. I also remember you have to change the drive pulley on the blower to a different size. Anyone do this project before? Should I wait to find the right blower? I found A blower off A foot dragger for $100.

ehertzfeld
Rich, this is the one Dutch made. Not sure if this is what you were thinking, but it should work fine. http://www.simpletractors.com/do_it/snowthrower_hitch.htm

richp
Thanks Elon, Dutch's bracket is for a 7000 series. Curious what type of bracket I would need to adapt older style to new style with one long belt off center pto.

richp
I think the chances of finding one are slim as I would figure people wouldn't want to split up a complete unit. I think I saw one on hear before that someone fabricated. I tried searching but it timed out. I'll try the dealer first.

lndscpr
rich, place a wanted ad in the classifieds and you may be able to find a hitch for the center pto. Also, 7000 series blower hitches are not that hard to find. maybe you could run it off the front pto. If you go that route i have a 7000 series blower and hitch and front pto i would part with.

UCD
B series, Allis Chalmers 2000, 3100, 3200 Simplicity hitches and 7000, 7100 Simplicity and 700, 900 series Allis Chalmers hitches are on ebay all of the time for sale. The snow blowers are basically all the same. You use the hitch designed for the model tractor. The 7100 series hitch can be used on the 7000 series with modifications to the center PTO and a different belt. The reason for changing the driven pulley on the B series & 2000, 3100, 3200 simplicity blower's is that they have a 5" driven pulley and the 7000, 7100 Simplicity and 700, 900 series Allis Chalmers blowers use a 7" driven pulley. If you you use the 5" driven pulley the auger will be running at a dangerous over speed which could all so be damaging to the blower