Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

CCKB Fuel Pump Kit?

mjg6319

Hi all, got the carb rebuilt on my 720, adjusted the valves, and replaced the valve cover gaskets. It's running better than ever, but now the fuel pump is leaking! I noticed it was wet with fuel while I was adjusting the carb, so I thought I'd tighten the screws a little. Bad idea! It's leaking twice as bad as before. Does anyone know where to get a kit for the pump? Also, after I finished mowing (while carrying the fire extinguisher just in case!) I noticed some oil around the LH head, so I'm going to need head gaskets soon too. Who has the best prices/availability on parts for these?

Put a electric pump on it. $28.99 at Advance Auto Parts but you can only buy it online. Go to, http://www.advanceautoparts.com/ and then click on "Shop Online", Do a search for PRO06SV Or you can buy one here: http://www.aircraftspruce.com/ Do a search for the following: 40106 FACET SOL ST FUEL PUMP

Thanks Mike, just got a qoute on a new pump from the onan dealer: $228! I'm thinking the $30 electric is the way to go. Did you just leave the old pump in place, or makeup some kind of blockoff/mounting plate for the electric pump?

Took the old pump off and made a aluminum block off. Makes it easier to get to the carburetor main jet adjustment. Mount the electric pump as shown:

Used existing corner bolt and picked up 12 volts from coil. Ground wire to the coil clamp. Picture shows in-line Fram filter. The electric pump will never dump fuel in the crankcase.

Nice loooking installation Mike. I ordered the facet pump from aircraft spuce today (I liked the look of the all-metal facet pump compared to the plastic cased advance auto pump). Pulling power from the coil is a good idea, that way it's switched already, no need for extra wiring. Thanks for the advice. By the way, who is a good source for gaskets? The local dealer wants $17 each for head gaskets.

Check Ebay for gaskets most all Onans of this vintage use the same head gaskets, you can find a cck set for about 60-70 on ebay now and again