Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

deck question

debshirl

just bought a b212 lawnmower runs good after looking at deck found it had wrong deck on it had extra deck laying around as well as the correct lift rod and chain. deck i took off has a eye bolt for lifting. after looking at my 914 it looks like the same. deck lifts the same way. did later allis tractors use this deck? it is painted allis yellow

Hard to answer your questions without more info. You did not say what sizes the decks are, or what was "wrong" with the first deck! Tom

The running-board tractors had an eyelet to lift the mower deck -- the cutting height T-handle adjusters were also moved farther out toward the outside of the deck, so they'd clear the running boards. I use one of those later-model decks on my HB-216 -- I simply use a loop of chain that goes around the rear bail, out next to the right height adjuster, and pin it to the normal lift arm. You can't use the eyelet very well that's on the deck, because it's under the belly of the machine -- it bends the short piece of steel that's used as a lift arm, causing it to rub on the tractor's center tunnel...

quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Those darn running boards cause more trouble. :D
Nothing good, comes without a price!

thanks kent you answered my question nothing was wrong with first deck it is in good shape i am just trying to put tractor back into original shape

does any one have a picture a picture of the later deck mounted on a allis cant understand why this deck is painted allis color? most later deck that i have looked at on web are simplicity red or duetz allis green