Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

New Member here

Unkle Spike

New member here, I have spent so much time and found so much information on this site. If you are lurking and thinking about becoming a member DO IT! Support this site, there is a wealth of knowledge here. Try going into your local dealer and asking some repair questions, they will likely point to the sign that reads "shop rate $XX" I wish I lived closer to some of you, just to come and scent mark the parts on your "scrap piles" that is handle and drool, no urination intended, I have more respect than that. I am on my second Simplicity, the only reason I bought a second was for a bigger tractor, the other one served me well for 5 years. Try going to Wal mart and get parts for the tractor you bought there and Junior who normally works in electronics will give you that dog with the tilted head look. I did not buy my tractors new, and both had problems that were easily fixed with parts available from Simplicity. And your can get a parts manual FREE from them, just download it. Now before I get the reputation as the new nosey, mouthy neighbor, just take my advice and join THIS club.

Welcome Jeff, My wife is from Powell and we live in Morristown. Give me a call and come visit some day when you have the time. (423-581-8037).

Welcome to the club! Well said! I love old things that you can actually fix instead of disposable use and toss new garbage...

Hi Jeff! Now we have to get you past thinking you need a reason to get a 2nd tractor, or 5th tractor! They get lonely, that's all the reason you need. -Don

Truth be told, I went and looked at a second last night.... I am looking for attachements now. And looking in backyards as I drive, trying to find orphans in need of rescue. Simplicity tractors are somewhat rare here. Thank God for Ebay.

Jeff, Go down and visit Roy. He is a great guy, and loves to talk. I know personally that he has extra tractors that need fixing. He would probably let you help him. I am sure that you can learn a lot from Roy. He is a good friend of mine and we get together every time he comes to VA to visit his daughter. Roy and Fay are good people, go visit them if you get the time. Oh, yes, almost forgot. Since you are not too far from Roy, I hope we will be seeing you at Spring Fling next year. We always have a good time at that get-together. Welcome to the club. Hey, if you are like me and talk too much on here, one day you may find yourself being an officer.:D

I have an odd mix of talents, for work I am an IT admin, for a hobby I am a blacksmith, so fixing tractors should fit in there somehow? I will definatly get ahold of Roy, and the spring fling sounds great, just wish I had something worthwhile to restore, it would be right up my alley. That is if I could find time with all my other projects and hobbies..... I will reiterate my point to lurkers, Join the Club. To me just the article on how to Properly load tractor tires with liquid was worth it.

Welcome, and I don't consider that an odd mix as a matter of fact I always thought all IT guys were blacksmiths.:D It would seam to me that if you work with computers all day sooner or later your going to take a hammer to something^. Anyway welcome and good luck hunting, finding that rare gem has always been a rush for me. JW

Always glad to welcome a new member! You will soon find out, one tractor ain't near enough!:D

Couldn't agree with ypu more...I just joined after about a year of scavenging information from all the posts. Best $10 I've ever spent. Welcome, Jeff!

Jeff, if you think Simplicitys are rare up there, try going a little farther south to Alabama. Anything orange down here is either Allis farm equipment, or those wannabe Kubotas or Husqmurrays. Welcome aboard! In this place it is alot of "ask and you shall receive" I resurrected a 64 Landlord from a ditch and "a good day is when the Simplicity is running"

Welcome aboard, Jeff. Glad you appreciace our little corner of the web...8D I'm a Sevier County boy, myself, and plan on moving back to Blount County (Walland) in about 5 years... Don't buy up ALL the old Simplicities in the area before I get there!:p

Welcome Jeff, The tractors are very addictive. I moved to North Carolina from Wis in 2000 also[Milwaukee] Two of the tractors I have I brought with me B12 717 since have aquired three more. Gotta love em.