Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

b10 mower deck trouble

my b10 still mows ,but if the grass is high it relly bogs the engine.ive put all new blades and belts on it but it didnt solve the problem .the bearings are well greased ,and seem tight. any tips would help

This may sound stupid but make sure that the mower deck belt is installed properly ( blades are turning in the proper direction)air blowing out the grass outlet "been there". How long has your tractor been doing this? Is the engine burning oil or does it seem as of late to be lacking power? It could be as simple as raising the mowing hight when mowing tall grass but then again it could be if you have noticed this problem coming on gradually then just maybe the engine has a problem. I would like to know more if possible about the engine. Does it do it more so when the engine is hot? Engine burning oil? How long have you owned the tractor "is this new to you"? (Maybe others can help you) with this as I just don't have enough information as it does not sound like a problem with the mower deck the way you describe it and what all you have done to the deck itself. The reason I am saying this is it sounds more engine related just maybe a leaking head gasget for one but then even a dirty air filter. Sorry I could not help you, >>->happyjack<-<<

BradW
take the head off and take a look make sure the valves are tite and have good face and seat marks. take off the breather cover to check the valve clearence in take is 7 and ex is 11 Note. use feeler gage's. that should get you going. try that and get back to us love to here what you found.

tanks for the help .if the snow is ever gone it looks like i'm in for some engine work .you'ld think these things would last for ever,oh well