Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

HD Wheels

acken

I am in the process of cleaning, and painting wheels I purchased with a tractor attached. They were on a 12hp Simplicity Hydro, and I believe they were optional when using a heavy rear mounted attachment. I thought I seen them on this site somewhere, such as with trencher, or forklift. Anyone have ideas where I can find more info? Thanks

Are you talking about the solid center hub wider rims like in the pictures in these posts? http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=60068&whichpage=2 They are rare, take care of them!

Yes, those would be the ones. I am hoping to mount 26-12-12 ags on them for one of my FDT's. With the extre offset, and width, I am hoping they clear the fenders without further mods.

I have a set of those rims on my B112. I am not sure if they were optional, my tractor was bought from the origional owner and he said that was what it came with. I believe these were just used for a short time and then they changed back to the cheaper stamped rims. I have been told these are rare and were only made for about a half a year. Mark

As far as I can tell, they were used for a brief period in 68-69, on the B-112/B212 and 3112/3212. The earlier versions of the B-112/3112 don't seem to have them, nor the later models of the B-212/3212. My 3112V has them also...

For those of you who own a set, do you have concerns about the space between the plates? Mine had calcium chloride, and as such have a lot of rust between the layers. They don't really come together until tightened down with the lug nuts.

I'm with Maynard, what do you mean "space between plates"? I have another interesting set of wheels. They do not have the four vent holes in them. The rims are 8 inches wide. They, however, do not have a flat center, but have an offset made into them. I will try to get a good picture. These did not come on a Simp or AC. Got them from another type tractor. I just thought they were interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got some pics of what I was talking about. The wheels appear to have been made out of two pieces, each one having a plate attached. Then they were welded together inside the wheel as you can see weld in about an inch from the bead area. The second pic shows the space between, it may look like shadow.