Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SMC17

Kwik-Way Backhoe for Powermax?

SMC17
I searched the forums but all loader talk and no hoe talk. Has anyone tried to adapt a Kwik-Way backhoe for a Powermax?

This is one made for an Ariens Grand Sierra and is a frame mount. It weights around 500lbs and is run by the Loader hydraulics. Here are the specs [url]http://www.kwmanufacturing.com/asst/pdf/ariens_general.pdf[/url] Could this be modified to be frame mounted or better yet 3 point hitch mounted on a Powermax?

JP
Sean, Depending on cost, looks good. I would recommend doing a frame mount as the Brantly unit did, I think the more you disperse the weight the better. Seems having it on the 3pt would only move it into the 'breeze' more (IMHO). I can take pix of the Brantly mounting if you think it would help.... It DOES have it's own hydraulics? JP

SMC17
JP cost is listed at $2800 but looks like it has been sitting for a while (it's a new unit)and it could be negotiated. The Hoe is frame mounted to the Kwik-Way loader subframe assembly and the Kwik-Way loader pump runs the hoe's hydraulics. I'm hoping the specs on that pump are similar to the Ark 600 pump on my loader machine. I've got a guy who could help me design/weld up a subframe mount so this could be an interesting project if it is viable.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online (See full list)

• mikeandlina
    • MikeES
    • RAC
    • dhoadley
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today
  • Recent Status Updates

• Paul M.Murphy

Paul M.Murphy

Hello glad I got on this site. I hope to upload a couple of photos of my Simplicity Broadmoor 
      Model 707 Tractor. I have replaced all the belts on it and installed a new ignition switch.
      Have a mower deck which was in poor shape , repaced a couple of bushings and welded the
      deck where there was some holes. The tractor and mower deck came from a friend and the 
      mower deck metal was getting pretty thin. Some new metal was put in it and we also undercoated the underside of the deck. This was done by my friend Greg Toulman.
      I have not put the mower deck on the tractor yet, waiting for Greg to come home and give me a hand. Can you please tell me if there is a manual for the mower deck and where I could get one.
      I would also like to get some moon wheel discs as well.
      I will try and down load some photos of the tractor when my wife shows me how to. 
      I really love driving this tractor and also how well it is made compare today's tractors, especially the flexible rear end and the rollers.
      Tell the next time 
      Paul

· 8 replies
    • jbrooks

jbrooks  »  Talntedmrgreen

Josh

folowing  this from a link at the downloads.  I just rescued an AC 920 with the lambodini diesel. I can' t download  yet .  Where did you find the PDF copy you posted. . I would like to figure out how to adjust the injection pump. 
      I assume it's a bosche, correct
      · 0 replies
  • Adverts