Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Kwik-Way Backhoe for Powermax?

SMC17

I searched the forums but all loader talk and no hoe talk. Has anyone tried to adapt a Kwik-Way backhoe for a Powermax?

This is one made for an Ariens Grand Sierra and is a frame mount. It weights around 500lbs and is run by the Loader hydraulics. Here are the specs [url]http://www.kwmanufacturing.com/asst/pdf/ariens_general.pdf[/url] Could this be modified to be frame mounted or better yet 3 point hitch mounted on a Powermax?

Sean, Depending on cost, looks good. I would recommend doing a frame mount as the Brantly unit did, I think the more you disperse the weight the better. Seems having it on the 3pt would only move it into the 'breeze' more (IMHO). I can take pix of the Brantly mounting if you think it would help.... It DOES have it's own hydraulics? JP

JP cost is listed at $2800 but looks like it has been sitting for a while (it's a new unit)and it could be negotiated. The Hoe is frame mounted to the Kwik-Way loader subframe assembly and the Kwik-Way loader pump runs the hoe's hydraulics. I'm hoping the specs on that pump are similar to the Ark 600 pump on my loader machine. I've got a guy who could help me design/weld up a subframe mount so this could be an interesting project if it is viable.