Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  

New Member in search of AC

I am hoping one day to find, buy and own an Allis Chalmers 620 WITH loader or a B-1 WITH loader. They are gorgeous and perfect for what I need. I am new to these beauties and will need all of the help I can get. I can see by all of the on going activity at this site that there might someday be hope in locating one of them. Thanks, in advance for any help from ANYONE in locating and learning about these great machines. Thanks.......Randy P.S. This looks like the KING of A.C. sites

Welcome Randy, Someone just listed a B-1 here in the For Sale section. Another B-1 is listed on ebay. Good Luck.......... [A href='http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=547987874']http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=547987874[/a]

powermax_paul
Randy, FYI. The 620AC is equivalent to the Simplicity 4041. Also, the newer versions by a couple of model years are the AC720 and the Simplicity 9020. All of these tractors were the same frame, same Onan CCKB 19.5 HP engine, Sunstrand transmission and most of the parts are interhangeable. The earlier model AC616 and Simplicity 4040 came with an onan CCKA 16.5 HP engine but otherwise were virtually the same as the 620/720/4041/9020 tractors. All of the above tractors were available with options such as front hydraulics, rear pto, & 3 pt hitch. I have a neighbor with a Simplicity 4040 that has a loader, 3pt hitch and PTO. Somewhere along the line, a previous owner had replaced the CCKA engine with a CCKB 19.5 HP Onan. So, it is for all intents and purposes the same as a 620/4041. Last time I talked to him, he thought he might sell it in the next couple years. If hear anything, I'll post a message. Powermax Paul

DoubleT
Hey ya Randy. New Yorker eh? You should have little problems finding what you're after. Heck I don't even have any problem finding what I want. Just paying to get it shipped 3-4 thousand miles puts a damper on things :-) Stick around. Someone will have you hooked up before you know it.