Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bsggsb

Anyone have an idea?

bsggsb
My father was visiting recently and we were talking about tractors. He told me he saw a simplicity years ago that pivoted in the middle and pivoted not like a large loader pivots but rather pivoted around the drive shaft to the right and left, if that makes sense. Any ideas or has anyone seen anything like this?

Kent
The old Broadmoors -- 707, 717, 727, 728, etc. pivoted in the center, as did the Allis B-207, B-208, and Homesteaders. I think the smaller Serfs and Yeoman models did also...

john-holcomb
Did I ever mention that a broadmoor that goes 30MPH is one scarry ride on a two track.}:)After the last 20 yard wheelie I parked it and there it sits, its a parts tractor now. JW

temichels
Yes, everyone is right it is broadmoors and yeoman....but has anyone had the pleasure of trying to unsieze one of these....well i have after heat beating heating beating heating beating...I can tell u i am not sure whether they are worth the hassel.... Tim

firefoxz1
Well Tim here is how I did the one I got last year. Put straps and chains between two trees and pulled while pivoting it from side to side. [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/kismar/7382001.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/kismar/7382002.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/kismar/7382003.jpg[/IMG] [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/kismar/7382004.jpg[/IMG] It took awhile and a few application of heat and oil.

SimpleTom
I've only run into 2 stuck pivots out of the 14 Broadmoors and Yeomans I have owned. The ones that were stuck were very rusty tractors to begin with so I expected them to be stuck. Also Brian, in case you didn't know but the Serfs, Yeomans and Broadmoors don't have a drive shaft. They are all belt driven but they are the only ones that had the pivot in the middle. Your father probably just assumed there was a drive shaft running through there. Tom

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by rsnik
Whoops! I thought all FDT tractors pivoted. Does this mean a 3112 0r 3212 Sovereign does not pivot?
The Sovereigns do not pivot in the middle, the front axle does the pivoting.