Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

A day at the beach

SMC17

Our family beach house got hammered by a noreaster about a month ago and most of our sand got removed from behind our seawall. The association was supposed to call in a backhoe to redistribute the sand to the beach houses, but 2 weeks after the storm there was no backhoe so we called in the 620. Had to move about 30 loads of sand from across the street to our seawall. The sand was loose but after it packed down a bit it was relatively easy work for the 620 and high floats. These pics were taken with my cell phone so they are a bit rough.

This is about halfway through the pile. Wet sand and pretty heavy. I definitely need to redo the front end of my 620. The tire wobble in the loose sand with such a heavy load was a problem.

I had some help shoveling. For about 5 minutes! notice the brace on the leg. My Dad just wanted to have a cameo on Simple Tractors!

Here is a shot of the water and seawall. We knocked this project off during our lunch hour. Family, Fun, Sun, and tractor time all at once.

"Family, Fun, Sun, and tractor time all at once." You can't ask for any more than that! "We knocked this project off during our lunch hour." I'd call that one heck of a productive lunch hour! Thanks for the pics.

It's real nice when you can work and play at the same time. Looks like the wind blew the house a little out of plumb in first pix,glad to see you got it straightened up in the second one. :D:D