Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Just a little place where old tractors go

SimpleTom

I just made a visit to an older gentleman's place where I get parts for my tractors. He gets them from the curb and rebuilds and sells what he can. The rest just get parted out. I have gotten some good deals from him in the past and today was also good. I got a complete carb and air cleaner for my 3410, an original seat for my 2010, and a high/low set up off a Yeoman, all for $60. Here are a few pics of the Simplicity/Allis Chalmers tractors he has laying around.

Funny you should say that Matthew. I found two ticks on me when I got home. I even took precautions and they still got me. LOL Tom

I'm not sure what he would want for the deck or the tractors themselves. I have bought a complete 728 tractor for $50 from him w/deck but a broken trans mount. He has a 42" deck that MarksAC needs and he told me $50 for it. I will be going back there in about a week so I will ask him then. Tom

You'd think with all the stuff he finds and repairs odds would be he'd come across a weed whacker for them high grasses...sm00

quote:
Originally posted by EricD
You'd think with all the stuff he finds and repairs odds would be he'd come across a weed whacker for them high grasses...sm00
It's a junkyard, they don't have to be pretty. Most times the owners spend the least amount of time that they can on the storage areas. The only junkyards that I have seen without long grass are the ones with so many customers that they kill the grass by walking on it.

quote:
Originally posted by EricD
There is a Combine junkyard in our area that has a flock of sheep to keep the grass down, just have to watch where you step.....:Dsm06:o)