Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Center PTO on B112

LeoB

Does anyone know if Sandy Lake sells any of the parts for the center PTO on these tractors? The hinge pin for the idler puller just gave out on my tractor. That's not the big pivot pin but the smaller one on the bracket the idler pully is bolted to. I pulled the whole assembly off my 64 landlord hoping that I'd be able to do a swap, but no luck. I tried taking components to see if I could frankenstien something, but I don't seem to be able to get the necessary clearances. So.... It looks like it comes down to buying an assembly somewhere or trying to find the piece that's actually failed. I checked the ebay listing as well as the parts for sale here on the site with no luck. This is my work tractor so I kind of need to get the problem solved or buy some goats. The wife isn't so keen on the goat idea. Thanks for your help as always. Leo

Sorry to trouble you. I just figured that being a Simplicity tractor club, someone might've been through this before and could offer advice one way or another on what works and what doesn't... stuff like that. Maybe they've tried Sandy Lake and found they didn't carry the stuff, but knew of another source. Kinda thought that's what the intent of this place was... Now it feels like I just asked a stupid question and got slapped down for it. As I said, sorry to have troubled you, I'll make my calls tomorrow and not bother you with sort of stuff again.

Leo, Sandy Lake Implements is a good source for knowledge and parts. They are one of our sponsors and are shown on the Simple Tractors home page. Keep asking. There are a lot of good people here that can, and will, help. The only dumb question is the one that isn't ask. Don't have a parts book for a B-112 but suspect the one on my Simplicity 3212V is similar. Is P.N. 164241, Idler Lever Assembly which, according to Jacks Small Engines is NLA. Suggest putting ad in our Classified, Wanted Parts forum. If you have access to a local machine or welding shop you could also have your worn one repaired. Looks like the pivot pin is a pin with a retaining ring groove welded to the Idler lever piece. Shouldn't be too hard to repair. There is also a chance another member, who has the needed part, will speak up. Good luck,

You Asked
quote:
Originally posted by LeoB
Does anyone know if Sandy Lake sells any of the parts for the center PTO on these tractors? Thanks for your help as always. Leo
Sandy lake can get the parts if anyone can. The only one that can tell you if Sandy Lake can get or has the parts is Sandy Lake. Sandy Lake sells all of the parts for these tractors New and used. If it is not available new they most likely have it used. If they don't have it then they will put you in touch with someone that does. It is as simple as a phone call and Bette or Brenda will be more than happy to answer your questions and find the parts that you need. Sandy lake's service is beyond exceptional. Sorry you took the answer the wrong way.

Thankyou... I did ask and maybe I took the reply wrong, but it also did seem curt. That said, you are absolutely correct about Sandy Lake's customer service. While they didn't have a new idler assembly in stock, they had one that was almost new at a fair price and went through the trouble to look for it for me. You can't really ask any more of any company, so all's well and I should be able to get the lawn mown by the weekend. Roy, thanks for your information, that really helped to isolate the exact piece I needed. I'm not really a collector and certainly not an expert on these old tractors. I just like the old thing and am trying my best to keep it out of the junkyard. Other than the work required to keep it going, it's been probably the best tractor I've owned and certainly better than most of the new stuff you find on the market today.

Hi Leo, Sandy Lake has the old fashion kind of customer service - it's the real thing. Glad they were able to help you out. These old tractors usually worth the effort. At one tme they guided me through an internal transmission repair over the phone. It doesn't get much better than that. As Roy said, most of the folks here are friendly and helpful (even if others don't come across that way) so please continue to ask any questions you have. Lets keep that machine running! John