Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What do I have here? Maynard or Kent?

Penmonkey

A real nice guy named Scot told me about this site. So here is my question. What is this thing?? As you can see I've taken it apart to clean it up. Any help would be great. Thanks!
Edit: Sorry, but links had to be removed. Only paying members may post pics or link to them.

Welcome Travis! That sure is a strange looking critter. Home made maybe? What's that on the back, some kinda of broadcast spreader?

quote:
Originally posted by comet66
Welcome Travis! That sure is a strange looking critter. Home made maybe? What's that on the back, some kinda of broadcast spreader?
Thanks for the welcome. Could be homemade. Bad thing about that is not being able to find parts for it anymore. That thing on the back is a spreader, we used it to corn roads for hunting but it makes a nice place to put it while it's not being used.

The post isn't much without the pic's - why not just delete the whole thing? John_ri -------------------------------------------------- Very interesting. I wonder why the seat is on a pivot arm. I love the transmission but it looks like you're missing 3rd gear (I mean 3rd speed!). The date code on the engine might give a hint on it's age. Welcome aboard Travis. John

quote:
Originally posted by gregc
Welcome Travis. Glad to have you here.:)
Sorry about the pictures. Can I post a link to a thread in another forum with the photos in it?

quote:
Originally posted by Penmonkey
quote:
Originally posted by gregc
Welcome Travis. Glad to have you here.:)
Sorry about the pictures. Can I post a link to a thread in another forum with the photos in it?
Sure...

quote:
Originally posted by Penmonkey Sorry about the pictures. Can I post a link to a thread in another forum with the photos in it?
I don't see why not.

have a couple of those by me. i almost bought one..but at 700 bucks was overpriced. they were used on golf courses for maintenance...will see if i can find a pic..mine had different rear tires..but same front drive, with motor over scott

So guys.................... Which is it ? One says yes on posting links, and another says no and deletes the links. Sure would be nice if and when the day comes that the option to link or post pic is not even available to those who are not members. Would save alot of arguments and distress.

quote:
Originally posted by SmilinSam
So guys.................... Which is it ? One says yes on posting links, and another says no and deletes the links. Sure would be nice if and when the day comes that the option to link or post pic is not even available to those who are not members. Would save alot of arguments and distress.
The prohibition of links was obviously news to me... I wish someone would be consistent also. I've asked the EC for a "rules interpretation"... :I:IXX(XX(XX(

It's my understanding, that only paying members may post pictures and links. I have been know to be wrong once and a wile.:D

In my view the "hurdle" of having to pay dues to post is an really small obstacle. If a visitor is allowed to post links but not pictures, they just post links to the pictures. I paid my $10 to get this sort of info. I figure it'll be repaid at least a hundred fold over the first year.

quote:
Originally posted by duckman
In my view the "hurdle" of having to pay dues to post is an really small obstacle. If a visitor is allowed to post links but not pictures, they just post links to the pictures. I paid my $10 to get this sort of info. I figure it'll be repaid at least a hundred fold over the first year.
That is how most of us feel.:D

Well, I haven’t paid my dues for a while so I’m sure my opinion doesn’t carry much weight, but, in this post you have someone who is: interested, excited and 15 years old. Besides bring something which might be of interest to others on this site he could probably contribute. I think (acknowledging that I am not a member) that this is exactly what this site should be encouraging. Those that have paid their $10 have access to the entire site while guests have quite limited access. If I had a vote, which I don’t, I would vote to allow the posting of pictures and links by guests. I won’t argue that $10 is a good value for access to this site but 10 bucks is still 10 bucks. I think the club and Travis both lose with things as they are. I’m sure there are other sides to this issue.

quote:
Originally posted by John_RI
Well, I haven’t paid my dues for a while so I’m sure my opinion doesn’t carry much weight, but, in this post you have someone who is: interested, excited and 15 years old. Besides bring something which might be of interest to others on this site he could probably contribute. I think (acknowledging that I am not a member) that this is exactly what this site should be encouraging. Those that have paid their $10 have access to the entire site while guests have quite limited access. If I had a vote, which I don’t, I would vote to allow the posting of pictures and links by guests. I won’t argue that $10 is a good value for access to this site but 10 bucks is still 10 bucks. I think the club and Travis both lose with things as they are. I’m sure there are other sides to this issue.
I couldn't agree more. I do not see any harm in a non-member posting images. All of this bogotry is what completely turns me off about this site. Lighten up a little and loosen the belt on the all-mighty "by laws".

Well one of the problems with allowing anyone posting pictures is our server. It has, oh god I couldn't tell you how many pictures it has. If we allowed anyone to upload, then we would have to get a larger one. We also pay for the sever and upgrades. That is why we pay dues. If We needed to make due paying members have more access and privileges so we can get enough money to pay for things. If anyone could up load pictures, then why pay the dues? If we don't have any money, then there would not be any club! Bottom line is, you need to be a paying member to post pictures. Links to another site to get a picture, we the EC is discussing it and we will come to an agreement. Please be patient. Thank you

You can't buy much for $10 anymore.I would say if you can afford to have the equipment, $10 is just a drop in the bucket.

Suggestion - How about a half price annual dues for under 16 year olds? I sure don't want to offer anymore than the club already does to non-dues paying visitors.

Being in IT for a living, space is money... Plus I have seen other sites spammed with disgusting images by members who join, log in once, post the smut and leave. Or they leave links to smut. Leave it like it is. I would think a Junior membership is a fine Idea, but wouldn't make much difference. $10 is $10, if you want to start your own site that allows anyone to post, I can get you hooked up with a server and such, and when you see the bill, $10 will be a drop in the bucket to post here.

quote:
Well one of the problems with allowing anyone posting pictures is our server. It has, oh god I couldn't tell you how many pictures it has. If we allowed anyone to upload, then we would have to get a larger one. We also pay for the sever and upgrades. That is why we pay dues. If We needed to make due paying members have more access and privileges so we can get enough money to pay for things. If anyone could up load pictures, then why pay the dues? If we don't have any money, then there would not be any club! Bottom line is, you need to be a paying member to post pictures. Links to another site to get a picture, we the EC is discussing it and we will come to an agreement. Please be patient.
Well put, Elon!^

This is the best sight I have found, nice people, well thought out bylaws and if it isn't broke don't fix it.