Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
PeppyDan

My new 9020 Simplicity

PeppyDan
Here are a few pics of the 9020 that I got 2 weeks ago. It was purchased by my dad May 29, 1991 from a local auction for $2175 including the tiller. In 1996 he rebuilt the engine with a valve job gaskets honing and new rings. He also installed a new coil, fuel pump, points, condenser, and all oils and filters. At that time he also rebuilt the rear PTO unit with new bearings and seals thru out. The drive shaft was somewhat lose so he did some machine shop work to tighten that up(but neither he or I remembers exactly how it was done). He wanted something with power steering and a tight turning radius and I wanted the 9020 so I traded him one of my Sunstars for it. I think it was a fair trade on both ends.

PeppyDan
quote:
Originally posted by AGCO918
Dan, You & your dad did a even trade.The tractor is in very good condition.Didn't your dad bring it to the show when Allis Chalmers at Greenville?
Yes Chad, Dad brought it there along with the 720 Allis my brother brought. I plan to restore it someday but I want to get to know the machine a little better first to see if there is anything I want to do to it. Power steering is already in the plans along with improving the brakes. Dan

oldstuff619
what brakes 9020's don't have brakes at least I can't find them on the one I have well it might hold the tractor on flat ground looks good I would like to see how you do your power steering