Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Wards Squire 10

acken

On the serial plate/decal of my Wards it lists a Simplicity counterpart model number of 990359. When I try to find this Simplicity number I come up empty. Any ideas? I believe it to be a 1965 model based on the engine numbers.

I will check my Squire 10 tonight and post the number from it. I know the engine code on it is from 1965.

I will verify if I read the numbers correctly. But didn't Allis buy out Simplicity in 1965, and at the same time quit making for Wards?

Ken, you are reading it correctly, mine is the same model number, SIM 990359, Serial 0002043. My Dad was the original owner and it has been in the family since he bought it in 1966 from MG Wards. The owners manual that came with it is the Simplicty 101 from 65-66. It has been chewed on by mice some, but I still have it.

Those are the MFG#'s for Simplicity built Wards tractors. Simplicity did not list the MFG#'s for the off brand tractors it made.

Here she is with sheet metal painted, will pull that off now to paint chassis. I used Light Chestnut Poly, from mid 80's GM car. Was close to original, but could have been a little browner. This was one of tractors from Spring Valley, MN auction Sept 06.