Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
perry

vibrating landlord

perry
im getting a bad vibration in my 2010 landlord. sometimes it vibrates and sometimes it dont. i could be moving or sitting still. mostly does it at a higher idol. when i idol it down it seems to go away and sometimes i can throttle it back up and have no vibration. to me it feels like the generator belt is flopping around. but the belt is tight. i have visual look this thing over and cant find anything wrong. driveshaft feels tight and looks good. i think its coming from the bevel gear box. this is a hit & miss vibration and i would think if it was the shaft it would do it all the time. some days i can drive it with no vibration. im just seeing if any of you guys have expeienced this and looking for some imput of what to look for before i tear into it... thanks........perry [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/april21plowday114.jpg[/IMG]

MrSteele
Mine vibrated for a while, then the vibration went away. I thought it might have only been some kind of buildup on something. When it finally stopped completely, it was also the front bearing in the BGB. Of course, I had put it off long enough to rip the gears inside before I found out what it was.

perry
sounds like i better check that bearing. is that something that can be replaced while in tractor?. prombaly not uh?.. i have a parts doner so maybe i just better replace the darn thing. my buddy built a garage and we have alot of dirt to move and finale grading around the garage. i want to use the 2010 but im not sure now. i have a center grader for wheel horse also. but the old landlord with the 6 AG tires and heavier duty blade is realy set up good for doing grading work. maybe i better bring a back-up tractor with me;) [IMG]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l226/perry71/WH800013.jpg[/IMG]