Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

rsniks' tractors....

rsnik

I am inexcusably overdue with pics. I have taken today to repair the lack of pics problem.

This should be (R to L) the new, project, 7016H, the sweet running 7013S, the 3414S that has a later model Briggs 326431 16Hp (has no points) and the 717.

This is the new, project, 7016H. When this happens when you power wash the hood A) You finally bought a power washer from the Worthless-Junk-R-Us Outlet store that is more powerful than a squirt gun and B) The folks at Hands Free Miracle Cleaning Goop are not kidding when they say test on an inconspicuous spot.

This is the old set up with the 3416S and the 41" industrial Troy Built blower made at 102nd St and 9th Ave in Troy.

This the the deck and 42" inch snow blower. Deck needs some work, blower look real good.

Another pic of the blower. The vanes are straight, everything is good, this is a nice piece.

A previous owner cut the tin up. The motor has crystal clean oil, turns over just fine and makes a little over 100 pounds of compression. No spark even after adjusting points. Carb is obviously missing.

I tend to start prepping the tin for respray while contemplating why they 'aint no spark.

This is a 7013S that is an absolute sweetheart. I have never had an engine that is so willing and runs so sweet.

I thinks this is the south end of the tractors. Check out the reciever adapted to the 3416S. Really helpful. I add a hitch and some threaded pipe through the hole through which you would install the hitch ball and add weight lifting weights as a poor man suitcase weight sytem.

The star of this pic is the strawberry patch in the background. Five different varietals and I am getting big bowls of big juicy ones!

I wish I could get paint off a hood as easy as you did. I have spent many days sanding on hoods and fenders, and still have a couple tractors that need painting. By the way, my 713S is my most used tractor. I think that shuttle is just sweet for mowing in a small yard with lots of things to mow around.

Hi Rod, Everytime I mow with the 713S I am impressed again with how it is engineered to make easy work out of mowing a lawn with lots of tight areas and obstacles like trees and gardens. In the very top picture you may notice a complete planetary drive I bought. Represented as from a very low hour tractor (yes, I read the discussion on how to peel the sucker sticker off of your forehead). No wear grooves on the outside of the drum, though, and no wear I can see on the gears. Regards the hood, I bought Evapo-Rust at AutoZone. It is a parts dip product. But at $8.99 for 32 ounces it will be $36 a gallon. Good for dipping small, high value parts. I tried applying a couple coats and wrapping the hood with the flimsy plastic you get when you pick up the dry cleaning. The plastic sealed the air out so the thin liquid wouldn't dry. Left it in hot sun all day. Power washed and no joy. Then, in the evening, I slapped on a coat of good 'ole Naval Jelly. Let it set for an hour. Whoa! Entire flippin' paint job came right off when I power washed it! All the rust is gone too.

Hi Oldstuff! Yeah, I would probably be smart to part out the whole lot and start over, LOL!

rsnik. my fleet up here in hanson is very similar to yours. i have 2 7112h's and a 7114h. Mine are all the kohler variety though.

John, A fleet RBTs with Kohler engines and one with B/S engines. You guys may be in the minority on this site like I am, but I can appreciate your tastes.:D8D

I have had a couple of foot draggers and loved them but the rbt's seem to multiply a little more around here. i standardized on the 7100's and got rid of the footdraggers. it works out great. For the longest time my wife thought i only had one 7100. One day she walked into the backyard and noticed two 71112h's and said"i didn't know you had 2 of those." Little did she know i had the 7114h parked in the portable garage. I didn't have the heart to tell her about that one. I almost bought a 7012 today but it was a bit rough and not quite identical to the others so i didn't risk it.