Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Another foot dragger comes to light!

goatfarmer

Picked this one up Wednesday.I believe it's a 1966.

This is the way it came out of the garage, I haven't done a thing to it. The paint on the hood, and seat deck shines like new! One tear in the seat, about 1/4" long. It has been sitting about 8 years. Mike Siebern, this one was in your back yard, it was in a garage on Lake James.

But the icing on the cake?

All the books, including sales literature!

My wife thinks we can sell this one for decent money, but I think it's going to stay a while!

Very nice find!! Mark, The early year Broadmoors had no side panels. My early 6hp Broadmoor also has no side panels. Look closely at this picture from a sales brochure.

Tom

quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
Mike Siebern, this one was in your back yard, it was in a garage on Lake James.
Man! Missed another one!:O HE who snoozes loses! Great score! You should have told me you were coming. I would have taken you over to my favorite pub there and bought you lunch .... and enough drafts to swindle you out of it!}:)
quote:
Originally posted by goatfarmer
My wife thinks we can sell this one for decent money, but I think it's going to stay a while!
I have one of the little fellers in my stable, a 727 and they are really fun to mow around the tighter areas. That one deserves a good home. Sounds like you better keep it under lock and key before the Mrs. sells it for you. :) The manuals and literature look like they have never been use and stored very well.

The condition is just unbelievable, not to mention having all the original paperwork in pristine condition.

Thanks, everyone, I'm going to see if I can get it started this weekend.8)