Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowblower questions

BradW

I have a pulley hitting the frame on my Simplicity 700 and I was wondering how to fix that, I also need to know how to attach the levers to it. I also have a 4 and a half inch pulley on the crank as that is the size I was told, but the belt is engaged no matter what, thanks for any help you may have,-BradW click on the link below for pics of the pulley's it's on the same page as the muffler pics.-BradW[A href='http://www.members.tripod.com/casekid/index.htm']http://www.members.tripod.com/casekid/index.htm[/a]

Brad I am trying to figure this out without my blower to look at its hard. #1 for starters the crankshaft pulley should be installed with the hub out not in like you have it. The pulley hub should be about 1/4" from the end of the crankshaft. #2 how long is the belt you are using? It should be 54-1/4" long. #3 Check the main large pulley on the blower housing as it should be slid all the way to the right on the shaft at you look forward from the tractor and make sure that the pulley or belt guard on it is hitting the bottom of the blower housing. It also looks like the larger idler pullies' bracket or the stem that it mounts to is bent. The spring that is for the engagement clutch should not be completely compressed as it looks like to me even when in the engaged setting. Do you have a manual for the blower?? This is just to get you started and I will study the pictures more and maybe someone else can add more but the more pictures we have to look at the better. I would like to see a picture of the clutch linkage which is the spring that has the lock nuts on it that you use to engage the belt itself if possible. Also for some reason the belt just does not look like its running true and that could be the brackets "stems" being bent. You should have a rod with a ball on one end that you grab onto to pull or push that is used to engage the clutch "belt" and that goes into the hole located on that short rod that runs from the engagement spring. It then runs to a bracket on the side of the tractor for a push and pull to engage or disengagement. The way that I see it now is that the reason or reasons it is engaged all the time could be any of the things that I have stated. But the large pulley on the blower housing if it isn't slid all the way to the right will take up all the slack in your belt and it would be engaged all the time as the belt would be to short and this adjustment is for belts that are to long but in your case it can make it to short. Just some things to check! >>->happyjack<-<<

I traded a parts B-112 to Les for the blower and I am having a heck of a time, thanks for the help happyjack, I will look tommorrow when I get home from school, I wonder if Les is on vaction as I sent an e-mail with no return, Les, if your out there please contact me,thanks,-BradW

You also need belt guides on the crank pulley to keep the belt from falling off when you disengage the belt. Maybe someone has a picture of one as they are simple to fabricate.

Hi Brad, I have what looks like the same set-up as you show in your pictures - I don't see anything wrong other than what happyjack pointed out. In the disengaged position, is the tension released from the belt or is it still tight? The O.D. of the pulley on my tractor is 4 - 5/16" (not 4 1/2). There is an adjustment to move the blower pulley fore & aft, but I've never had to do that. Even with everything else perfect, you still need the belt guides/stops at the drive pully as rich pointed out to keep the drive pully from contacting the belt while the unit is disengaged - this is critical. Let me know if you don't have the instruction book and I'll see what I can do to help you out. John(RI)

I do not have the instruction book, I have been told that 4 and a half inch pulley is correct. I might get a bigger belt because I can't get it to disengage, this may cause a problem when starting, If you have a copy you could e-mail or mail me or so on, I really apreciate your help everyone, I will try calling Les, I haven't heard from him for a while so I will see what is going on, thank you,-BradW

Brad, I don't know about the snowblower but I sure like that muffler! 8o) Nice looking Simplicity 700 or 725. Where did you get the AC B-01 seat for it? Roy

Roy, I have some other tractors laying around so I took it off my B-10, feels alot better than what was on there before,The muffler does sound pretty neat,one thing about it is when I would really load the blade, I could get a nice little flame to arise out the top, There's some Briggs&Stratton power!! :") -BradW