Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
HubbardRA

JohnnyBucket Mounting

HubbardRA
My friend Ryan recently bought a JohnnyBucket from ebay. This one however was set up for a Cub Cadet. We made a simple mount that attached to the front axle of his 3410 and then welded the Cub Cadet mounts to it. It works fine. The following are pictures of the mount and then the bucket in action. We also lengthened the lift rod to fit by cutting it and welding a piece of pipe over it. Also don't blame me for the welds that are visible on top of the mount. I was letting Ryan try his hand at welding on those two welds. I did the other side and welded on the mounts.

Kent
quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
On my 3410 the rear lift worked backwards to the front so it wouldn't work, and you couldn't switch it around like on the 7000 series..
I didn't know if it was possible to switch it around or not. Without a counterweight, or electric lift, this will build some biceps! :O

Roy
Nice work Rod. ^ Requires a late model rock shaft in order to switch/reverse the action of the rear lift. Think there was a kit available to convert the early rock shafts for the HD tiller. Rod was/is working on a home brew kit. I'm still waiting for the one he promised me for my 7013S. :D

ehertzfeld
Nice work Rod. Now for the criticism:O:D It looks like the angles are a pit off. What I mean is, if you had one solid mount, the bucket could lift higher. Here is how I made mine.

I made mine longer than the original so it would lift higher. I also put two lift points, so when the 3012H project is complete, it will have two lift rods to lift it evenly. I do think your work is very well done. I just wanted to give you another option.

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by Roy
Elon, Would happen to have a set of plans/drawings for the one you made? Thanks,
I don't but I can take the camera out and a piece of paper and take some measurements. I'll post them some time today/tonight.

HubbardRA
Guys, I realize that there are improvements that could be made to the hitch. I did it for a friend. I charged him nothing. We did it it in a couple hours. What else can I say. About the adapter that Roy mentioned, I need to take out the single type from one of my tractors and replace it with a double lift setup. After that I will have one to line the adapter up on. Then I can finish the adapters. I hope to do this soon. I may make a few to sell, since I am retired now and have a little more time to work on things. Also, my main point of this post was to show others that sometimes it is quite easy to convert from one brand to another. This mount was much easier to make than totally building a simplicity type mount. It pivots on its own, just like on the Cadet. Not much to making the mount. Elon and I both make our own hardware, so we could argue for hours about what is the best way. I did this for the newbies who have never tried any of this before. I just wanted to show them that converting an implement from one brand to another does not have to be overly complicated.