Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oil leakage from oil sump gasket--(was "Hot Light"

compostibles

Well, I managed to get the pieces all put back together after taking the engine out of the tractor and installing a new oil sump gasket. I had the 620 with the supposed "hot light" coming on dimly during operation, which I found out, is normal. That's good news. I checked the function of the light bulb, and it lit up brightly, so that puts my mind at ease. I feel more confident about handling repairs on this machine now that I've had it apart! Thanks for all your help. After taking it out for it's maiden voyage over my grass and clover (the clover had grown to about 12" in most of my yard-it took me a while to get it put back together) with the new electric fuel pump, it didn't even stop for breath as went over the clover. After about 20 minutes, I noticed that there was a little smoke coming from under the hood. I checked for the source and it looks like the leak is now from the oil sensor plug. Just a small drip, but I decided to order a new oil sensor. The one I have on the engine now has a spade type connector on the wire going to the light, and the new one I got from cummins has a different connection. It is a small disk that looks like it would require a clip-type connector. I didn't take a pic of it, but maybe some of you have seen this? What type of connector does it take? As far as the threads go, do you use a standard teflon tape? Thanks again. Jason

"The one I have on the engine now has a spade type connector on the wire going to the light, and the new one I got from cummins has a different connection. It is a small disk that looks like it would require a clip-type connector." Might be wrong but think the female end on the the wire that goes over the male spade will slip onto the "small disk" if the wire has enough slack to let it come off the sensor at 90 degrees instead of in-line with the sensor like it did with the male spade. Works that way on cars I have worked on.

Thanks Roy. I'll give that a try. Happy 4th everyone. Be careful out there.

Roy is correct. The "button" connector is the correct part and the wire end will slide on the button at a 90 degree turn. The only factor being that someone hasn't changed the end to some aftermarket solderless terminal as these won't fit the button.