Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
steve-wis

abbreviations

steve-wis
Hey guys! Being new to the club, and fairly new to garden tractors and mowers, can you help me out with some of the abbreviations you are using? I assume anything gb is gear box, but beyond that I am ignorant. Help!! Steve

johnmonkey
Here are a few for starters; 1. BGB = bevel gear box. 2. FDT = Foot dragging tractor 3. RBT = Running Board Tractor 4. MWGMS = Montgomery Ward Garden Mark Squire (I just made that one up) 5. NOS = New old stock LOL = Laugh out loud I hope this helps. jh

steve-wis
Thanks for the info. The only one I am personally familiar with is bff, which I use around the computer alot. bff=big fat fingers Thanks again. Steve

MikeES
BTW - By the way IMO - In my opinion IMHO - In my honest opinion (not all opinions are honest I guess) GS - Green Sucks ;) OR - Orange Rocks ;)

DMedal
not really an abbreviation but for new people it would be nice to define what a "large frame" means. That was confusing to me at first. I thought it meant the PowerMax class. -Don

IronPony
One other clarification - "Welcome to the SITE" is appropriate for this initial thread starter since CLUB membership and hence a "Welcome to the Club", requires payment of dues.

UCD
Large frame tractor = 700, 725, 2000, 3000, 7000, 7100, Sovereign series Simplicity Tractors and B1, B-10, Big 10, B-12, B-110, B-112, B-210, B-212, 300, 400, 700, 900, Series Allis Chalmers tractors. Small frame = Broadmoore, Yoeman, serf, Regent, 4000, 5000, 6000, Series Simplicity tractors. Homesteader, B-206, B-207, B-208, 500, 600, 800, 1600, 1800, series Allis Chalmers tractors. Sub compact tractors = Pow'r max Series tractors 616, 620, 720 Allis chalmers 4040, 4041, 9020 Simplicity, Sunstar series. There is also a 616 Allis Chalmers small frame tractor.