Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Squire Emblems?

Bunky
I have a Wards squire 7? (looks like a 700 or 725) I picked up and it was in need of a left side emblem, The one I have looks like this
[img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/ClassPlacePic%5C11822.jpg[/img]
then someone showed me these
[img]/club2/attach/Bunky/mail.google.com.jpg[/img]
Which ones are correct??? and what are these others off???

shanhamm
1st you answered my question about the white paint on the emblem. Anyways, 2nd the one that is on your hood is the same one that I have on the hood on my squire, so I guess that is the correct one. As for the other's I can't answer what they belong to.

Learning
I have a Wards Squire that appears to be all original, engine, carb, hood, ect. It is the same color as yours and has the same emblem as the one on yours. The seial # is 857 with a Simplicity reference # of 990186. I would say your emblem appears to be original.

Bunky
Ya I think they one I have is also an original I been searching for a left side emblem and came up dry so far... I thought maybe the Second emblem was just a different year the guy says they came off a Simplicity 725.. I can't hardly read my tag but how do you cross the 3 digits to the 6 digits??

TimJr
Thing is, that last picture isn't a tractor from 1965, unless Wards was still supplied an old model tractor. A 1965 Simplicity is a round hood Landlord - i.e. a model 101 or B-10 style tractor. I have a 9hp Wards, which is from 1963 or 1964, and is like the round hood Landlord. I don't have my numbers within reach, but I could get them off my tractor if need be. Tim