Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Stripes at last

MPH

Due to lack of organization by management I wound up with 5 days off for the 4th instead of one, found out this morning:(!. No plans so guess I'll homestead a few days, started out stripping the yard.

Was racing a thunderstorm when I started mowing, I lost, got wet, but the FDT 3314H was back in the shed before the camera came out. Very little clover came back up in this 1/2 acre field so maybe I'll see if it's too wet to plow later today^

Have mowed the barley 2 or 3 times here so far to give my new clover a fair fight for the mositure.

New tiger Lilly bed is doing alright, little thin, but that's ok

Here's the best stripes in the yard fling behind the Tiger lilly bed I thought I thinned out.

Happy 4th of July everone:):)

So that's what green looks like! :O Haven't mowed here since Memorial Day. Everything is brown and the only thing growing is the buckhorn. Took the sickle mower out and clipped it down tonight, didn't want to break off all of the grass with the rollers on the regular deck. Hope the tires didn't mark the yard too bad, but it does look better now. Clipped the ditch bank and roadside while I was at it. Had to get some tractor time somehow. Everyone is starting to talk about the dry summer here, thinking we will get socked with snow this winter. Maybe it's time to get the blowers ready and the blades painted. Good looking flowers there, and NICE GREEN GRASS! Enjoy your time off, I've missed your pictures since you rejoined the working force.

Looks great Marty. Like Mike said, the lawn here is dry and burnt due to lack of rain. We're 12" short YTD.

This is the first time I got any real strips on the lawn. result of our first summer rain about 5 days ago and not being home to water at all. Was real glad to see it as there were a couple good fires starting to smoke up my air. Sometime between last Sunday and yesterday we got about 1.5 inches, ^. Got the south clover field plowed tonight and didn't hit any dry dirt, maybe I'll get it plantted before I go back to work, thunder storms permitting.

The place looks good Marty! " lack of organization by management", I know just what you mean. They don't seem to understand, Proper Pryor Planning, Prevents Pee Poor Proceedure.