Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
rsnik

Honey, I parted out the new tractor

rsnik
Well, you know you are getting old when the wife would rather work in the garden and you would rather work on the tractor than go to a picnic. Going over the 7013 I found the dog leg bracket on the starter/gen had broken and it has this electrical system issue caused by the repair shop that installed a new starter/gen just before I got the tractor. They hacked into the harness plug that plugs into the the ignition switch, plus other cheap hacks (wires just twisted together). Their company tag is on the starter/gen and I am tempted to call and tell them what I think of their work. Also the steering wheel and the base plate and bushing is not ideal (me partially rolling it didn't help). Well, I have this non-running 7016 I just got for $227 that looks like it may have been sitting for quite a few years but is a gold mine of parts, soooooo!

I think I am going to take the front PTO with the side lever and the power lift next.

The harvested electrical harness and some switches made all the difference. I can now shut it off without pulling the spark plug wire and the headlights work.

Much improved!

MPH
"Well, you know you are getting old when the wife would rather work in the garden and you would rather work on the tractor than go to a picnic." Now this is a scary statement today, I too skipped the local 4th of july picnic and stayed home and did yard work. Tractors all worked good so didn't have to work on them.^

GregB
I guess I'll join the getting old club too:D Spent yesterday moving the Johnny Bucket from the Hydro lift Big Ten, to the 917 with a hydro lift. Mounted a rear grader blade I bought from Dutch on the Big Ten. Mounted the center grader blade on the B-10 with the low speed pulley. Why? [img]/club2/attach/GregB/pile1.jpg[/img]
[img]/club2/attach/GregB/pile2.jpg[/img]
I moved 15 Cu Yards of fill ( The junk that comes off the screen when they screen top soil around here.) Having 10 Yards of topsoil dumped tomorrow to spread, grade, and seed before I go back to work on Monday.

Willy
Nice looking tractor,it sure is fun making them run. I must be a charter member of the old club I would rather, do most anything then go on a picnic.:D Greg: grading job look good takes a foot draggier to getter done.:D

rsnik
Tomorrow the thunder storms are clearing out and it looks like an ideal day of tending the veggies and tractor time. A blast of wind tore through here today, knocked down several trees, none valuable except my 7 year old nectarine that had finally put on heavy. I pulled it back up and staked it out. Hope it has enough roots left.

The 7016H I just got for short money has probably sat for ten years, probably outside. But it is loaded. When you decide it's the best thing to part it out it's like inheriting a Simplicity parts store with all the goodies you have been wanting.