Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

AC Paint Codes

DDP021

Does anyone know, or know where I can find, the Allis-Chalmers Paint Code numbers for a AC 416? I'm looking for both the orange and the hood (white/offwhite) hood paint numbers for a restoration I want to do. I found a supposedly sells AC Paint and they list the AC Color Code numbers. Thanks for any help.

Did you see this AC paint chart? Click on the pic: http://www.simpletractors.com/parts/paint_codes.htm The orange is Corporate Orange, not Persian Orange.

As Kent said the farm tractors use the persian orange, and the garden tractor used the corporate orange. This is some anouther member used.

Thanks to everyone for their input...I was given this site: http://www.industrialtouchup.com/allis-chalmers.aspx It lists various AC colors and also indicated the Allis-Chalmers Color Code Numbers. I was just wondering if any of these colors would be what was on the 400 Series tractors. I know there was at least two persion oranges used on the farm tractors and the garden tractors used Corporate Orange. The link above lists 3 Persian oranges and one that just says "orange". They AC number they list doesn't match the AC number when I clicked the link that showed the AC chart the Kent had sent. Was hoping to find both the orange paint and the hood paint I need for the 400 series. I'll give Brenda at Sandy Lake a call also.

VanSickle Paint Custom Match Enamal Colors http://www.vansicklepaint.com/mntcstmclrs.htm#Allis-Chalmers

Thanks for all the information...Can anyone tell me the paint codes that were used on the 400 Series tractors?

quote:
Originally posted by DDP021
Thanks for all the information...Can anyone tell me the paint codes that were used on the 400 Series tractors?
?? The orange is the 921074... not the Persian Orange. This is an Allis part number, not a paint code. The part numbers often changed, over time, as one superceded another. Any paint dealer worth their salt should be able to provide or mix Allis Orange for you -- just tell them you want the newer orange, not Persian Orange (either Persian Orange #1 or Persian Orange #2). Those colors are from waaaaaaaaaaaaay back and used on farm machinery. The newer orange, called Corporate Orange, was also used on farm machinery REPLACING the use of Persian Orange #2.

This may confuse things even more, but here are a couple of pics from parts manuals dated April '72. The first is from the 300 Series parts manual and the second is from the B-207 parts manual. More mistakes or what?

Levi (wilm169), That paint I posted which you just reposted matches the older Simplicity reddish-orange color not any orange that A/C used. I think I will go make a note of this in that post.

Has anyone tried the corporate orange enamel still sold at AGCO dealers? I just bought a quart for about $16 and a quart of thinner for $5+ some change. I'm going to try it on a 710 if I ever get around to it.