Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dallenx

tractor pulling ?

Rob-B
MY THREEDAUGHTERS AND I CURRENTLY DO GARDEN TRACTOR PULLING IN NEW ENGLAND. THEREIS NO MONEY BUT ITS ALOT OF FUN. EVENTS IN NEW ENGLAND ARE USUALLY HELD AT SOME TYPE OF FAIR OF FIELDDAY. THIS MAKES IT EXTRA NICE SO YOUR NOT LOCKED INTO TRACTORS ALL DAY LONG AND YOU CAN ENCLUDE THE WHOLE FAMILY. WE HAVE BEEN PULLING ALLIS FOR THREE YEARS NOW AND ONE OF MY DAUGHTERS HAS HELD 4TH. PLACE FOR 2 YEARS IN A ROW NOW. WE RUN A BIG TEN AND A B-110 IN A "LOSE" STOCK TYPE CLASS. WE HAVE FOUND THAT THE 3-SPEED TRANNYS WORK THE BEST WITH A "S" TYPE TURF TREAD IN 2-PLY. WE MADE OUR OWN WEIGHTS AND BRACKETS. WE USE WEIGHT TRANSFER SLED IN OUR CLUBS HERE AND DEPENDING ON THE CLUB YOUR WEIGHT CLASSES COULD BE 800#, 100#, 1250#, AND EVEN 1300#. WE DON'TPLAYWITH TIRE SIZEMUCH ,WE CHANGE BELT AND PULLEY SIZES TO GET OUR PROPER GEAR RATIO, AND WE ALWAYS USE THIRD GEAR. ANY OTHER DETAILS WANTED, "ROGERHEY@YAHOO.COM"

Rob-B
My son and I have been pulling an AC for two years. We have used both the straight pulleys and the vari-drive system, both work fine. I will probably go back to the vari-drive for this season (just to have the ability to adjust speed/torque on the fly). Put the biggest tires allowed and adjust ratios with the pulleys. Many Cub drivers adjust speed with tires because they have few choices for gear ratios. We use turf tires (Carisle Turf Chief) for blacktop and (Firestone F 23) bar lug tires for dirt. Build an adjustable hitch to get the maximum lift allowed and adjust for tires air pressure etc. Mike

dlcentral
You might have something there on the vari drive sys as my friend pulls a [ugh!] mod. 212 J.D. with the varidrive and it works just fine for him. We used a hydro last yr. and a 10 briggs. it worked fine but we didn't have enough motor.Hydros use 2 hp to run not a good trans for that. This yr we're gonna use a 12 Kohler and a 3 spd like a guy did in a pro club pull in Pa that we went to. AND he cleaned all the Cub's clocks with it. It was a 712 AC./3 spd with a 8" trans pulley.

dallenx
well where to start what do you need for a puller a 3 speed r-end. rules and a club to pull with. now are you going to have fun pulling or are you in for the money. well there no money in it. ok for fun find some tires form hole sale place. "bar type" less hp you have the smaller tire you need "i found out" then depending on how much money you have to blow... fix your body and weights and outher nessary things that you will need to start to pull. and have some fun. thank you for your in-fo it will help outhers that thought of pulling to go out there and have fun doing it.so keep it going.