Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Peco vac "got it home"

ehertzfeld

I'm looking at getting a Peco vac system. I want to download an owners manual for it. Dose any one know the model number to these? Well I got my Peco vac system. I hooked it up and gave her a try yesterday. I must say I'm pretty impressed with the way it works. Emptying the bag is no picnic, but I can mow my whole yard and only have to empty it at the end. I was a bit nervous that the 12hp would run out of power, with the 42inch deck, the Peco, and powering the hydro trans, but it did very well at 3/4 throttle.

Elon, I have the same Peco Vac on my a/c 716H and the model on mine is ID # 1690402 Serial # 3862 Hope this helps

Wonderful!!!!!! Thanks, how do you like yours? I have seen the one I'm looking at, in action, and it looks like it works great. I mite be getting it tomarow. If I do, I'll have to get it ready and try it out this weekend. thanks again.

hi I have one, works better with original blades than with gator blades, unless get back into gardening I wont use mine any more.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi fellows, Do these blowers just run all the time? Or is there a PTO engage/disengage? Maybe it doesn't matter starting up with the blower load? Thanks! Matt

That Peco setup appears to have been made for an RBT with cone-clutch, which would engage the deck and vac at the same time...

Ooooh! Also, how about a pic of the blower wheel and the collector at the deck discharge. Thanks! :)

Kent, you are right, it was made for a cone clutch. I converted this B112 to hydro, so it has one now. Here are a few more pictures of it off the tractor.

Not sure if these are what you wanted, but it's still off the tractor, so if you want more, just ask!;):D

Thanks! That is exactly what I wanted. I was curious what they used for a blower wheel. Very interesting. The only other I have seen the inside of was much newer one that used a 5-blade fan of some polymer or other. This looks like two paddles clamped to the shaft. Are they aluminum do you think? Also curious as to approximate rpms they spin that at? Close to engine rpm I would think by the size of the pulley? Thanks again for the pics sm01 Matt

OK, just a couple more questions, then I will leave you alone. Could you tell me approximate diameter of the blower and approximate width of the housing? Thanks!