Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
SteveinOhio

Parts Question

SteveinOhio
This site has so much information I am glad I stumbled upon it. I posted last week regarding attaching my 36" Simplicity snowblower to my AC 914S tractor. When I purchased the snowblower it came with the dual pulley front hitch and most of the clutch cone assembly. From your responses it appeared that I needed to get a new hitch and other things (btw the tractor did not have the mid located pto clutch assembly and no mower as I goofed in typing). After checking out this site and tracing down part #s and instruction/parts manuals. I came across a service sheet that lets you uses the pto front clutch assembly on a Kohler engine. It allows you to change the plate assembly from a 1" to 1 1/8" which is what the front shaft on my engine is. Now the ?. The service sheet states that this is for a modification to an 18 HP Kohler engine. Mine is 14HP. Before I go out and try to find this and other parts does it appear to be a fix? There are parts on ebay right now and I don't want to get somethng that won't work. Thanks in Advance Steve

2burning
I haven't paid a lot of attention to front shaft diameters, but my single cylinder Kohler 16hp 700 series A/C has a 1" shaft. Wasn't the 1.25" Kohler shaft just on the two cylinders? Someone can correct me if this is wrong... The 1" front PTO you have now may just slide on and work.

SteveinOhio
Thanks for all the feedback on my maybe uninformed questions. I am going ahead with the plan to use the parts I have and with the help of my machinist barber and my neighbor mechanical engineer we will solve this dilemna (sp). I will keep you up to date on my progress or defeat, but I think that I now have a doable plan in my head and invention is the mother of necessity. This is a great site and I do really appreciate the feedback I have received. The motorcycle forums that I participate in are less forgiving than this one. Steve in Ohio