Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B10 mower deck drive belt pulleys

mikew

hi. I have a 63 B10 with a mower deck but no pulley system for the mower drive belt. I believe the belt goes to the mid pto pulley but I don't know what it uses to engage or disengage the belt. It also has to change the belt from vertical to horizontal. any help on what it looks like or where i can get a pulley setup would be appreciated

Start here, to understand how it mounts on the tractor. http://www.simpletractors.com/operation/42_mower/42_rotary_mower.htm There are 3 belts, total, involved: 1. One goes from the bevel gearbox to the power take-off to drive it 2. One goes from the power take-off to the center arbor on the mower deck to drive the center arbor 3. One goes from the center arbor on the mower deck to the two outside arbors to drive them

thanks kent. i appreciate the reply. after looking at that, maybe I don't have the side mount pto that i need. I have a pulley directly opposite the drive pulley, probably the other end of the same shaft, that i assumed it went on but it doesn't seen to be low enough for the belt to clear the tractor