Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Squire Tires ??

Bunky

I'm wanting to put new rear tires on my Squire It had 23x8.50 -12's 0n it when I got it, but I want to switch it over to the 6-12's it should of came with, Did the rear wheels originally have the valve stems in or out?? Also is there a place to get 6-12 AG's reasonable?? Also does anyone know if the 6-12 imports run small like the other tires??

I have 6-12 ags [imports] on my 725 and they are excellent and were very resonable from my local tire store. Also I see that Rustybores has a couple of new old stock carlisle turf savers on E-bay right now. I have these on my 700. They look like the old firestore town and country snow tire and really bite in the dirt but are also good on the lawn. Alot of people look at them and say wow! I like those tires where can I get some. The bad part is that they don't make them anymore so whats out in the warehouses stock is all thats left. good luck

Here's 6x12 Carlisle Super Lugs for $98 a pair... though you may find them for less elsewhere. http://cgi.ebay.com/TWO-New-6-12-Carlisle-Super-Lug-Tractor-Tires-and-Tubes_W0QQitemZ110110524251QQihZ001QQcategoryZ41485QQcmdZViewItem

I have 6-12s in my 725 with the stems inward. I got them locally cheap but sorry I dont remember the cost.

They are "NANCO" tires. My experience has been good with them but I have never used any other AGs to compair them with. They do well when plowing the driveway. Initially I wanted Firestones but was not able to get them. I bought them in Holyoke MA. I have tri-ribs on the front and always get the question doesnt it tear up the grass and the answer is no.

Check with Tractor Supply Company if you have one near you, they have or can order many sizes. I have 10" Goodyears now and they work fine. Narrower tires have a smaller "contact patch" and on firmer ground, concrete or blacktop, the weight is concentrated on a smaller area giving better traction. For loose soil or mud, you want a tire that will "float" and give traction without sinking, hence the wider tires work better. At present I am mowing with the lug tires, and they don't chew up the lawn due to their width and tendency to float. Just my observations and opinion.

Bunky, Mine are Nanco also and if I remember they were $82 mounted with new tubes. I use then on the rototiller and the moldboard plow and they are excellent in the dirt. As you can see from Boney's pictures they have a nice tall profile and are a very good fit to the stock rim.