Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

powrmax loader

mikeb

Greetings, Fellow Powrmax owners: I continue to suffer from the dreaded Powrmax tractor disease. I don't technically need more tractors, but I seem to have trouble passing them up once I've found them............. I have just located an AC 620 for sale with what appears to be a Danco loader. I don't know anything about the Danco loaders, though I have downloaded the instruction manual/parts list from Simpletractors I'm familiar with the later model Ark 900 Loader assembly, I have one on one of my pmax's. Anyone have any thoughts on how the two loaders, Ark 900 vs. Danco compare? Does one work better, or is one more desirable? I don't really need a third Pmax, but it's hard to pass one up with PTO, 3 point, running w/loader for less than 2k! Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Thanks, Mike Bennett Fresno, CA

quote:
Originally posted by mikeb
I don't really need a third Pmax, but it's hard to pass one up with PTO, 3 point, running w/loader for less than 2k!
If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of heads banging on garage walls all across the midwest.

You're right you don't need 3. I need three and since I only have to, you can send that one my way. LOL:O If you got the cash, why not. Go for it,

quote:
Originally posted by duckman
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb
I don't really need a third Pmax, but it's hard to pass one up with PTO, 3 point, running w/loader for less than 2k!
If you listen carefully you can hear the sound of heads banging on garage walls all across the midwest.
And the east, unless that's just an echo.:O:D. Get it check it out and then get rid of the worst one by placing an add on the site. Just a thought.

Thanks for all the comments, though all I was really looking for were impressions on the Danco vs. Ark loader issue. I will buy it, just trying to figure out which one to keep. Yes, which ever one I don't end up keeping will be on the classifieds list eventually. mike bennett frenso, ca

Mike I remember there was a discussion on this site a few years ago comparing the two brands. I believe some members felt the Danco was of more heavier construction. I have the Danco on a Powrmax 9020 and am very pleased with it.

• 2 months later...
I've got an old Ard 600 I'm happy with. I doubt anyone's been able to do a direct comparison by having the luxury of owning one of each, and no consumer testing agency is likely to have reviewed them. Since you're buying it anyway, maybe you can devise some way of comparing before you decide which to sell and then report the results to us. Tests might include: ease of use load lifting capacity ease of maintenance quality of construction apparent longevity/strength of bucket and its cutting edge looks on the tractor (if you care) height of lift other?

Simplicity PowerMax Loader Backhoe Seattle, WA 98106 http://cgi.ebay.com/Simplicity-Tractor-Non-Operational-07-2788_W0QQitemZ280154223000QQihZ018QQcategoryZ91953QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
[img]http://i20.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/b7/0a/a0f4_1.JPG[/img]
[img]http://i19.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b7/0a/a236_1.JPG[/img]
[img]http://i23.ebayimg.com/01/i/000/b7/0a/a098_1.JPG[/img]

That would be a new personal record for distance travelled to pick up a tractor that doesn't run. I'm sure we need a vacation trip to the west coast and BC. -Don

Hey Don which bidder are you?sm06 If you don’t have a trailer to haul it you can borrow mine if I coulddOd use the tractor for a day or two. Never know what other precious iron you could find along the way??

Wayne, the last thing you need is another broken Powrmax, right? What would you possibly do with another one for a day or two? I'm still hoping to get by and get a look at your collection. No, I haven't bid "yet", was kind of figuring it would be higher by now. I'll ask the wife to talk some sense into me tonight. If we sold her car we could afford it. -Don

Hi yardarm, You live on Vashon Island. I have sailed up that long straight on the back side of your island before. Only place on earth where the current flows north on the ebb and flood tide. Do you have pontoons on your Pow'rMax, LOL?

Don The drain for the basement which the washing machine drains into has to be extended or bigger? It works when it’s just the wife & I but when the stepson comes home he brings 2 days of continuous washing and it can’tB) handle that much washing at one time. A bigger backhoe would make a bigger mess out of the yard where it has to go. That tractor probably needs lots of work? When we were at Big Iron I looked at a Deere garden tractor with a hoe and it wasn’t that big and it was $5000.00 just for the backhoe.:( How did your garden turn out? We were doing field work when it froze here and I didn’t get things covered that should have been saved. Will the pumpkins & squash keep growing if the vines didn’t freeze? fish

Wayne- had a good garden year but frost has killed most of it. My pumpkins and squash are still out there w/out leaves on the vines, even some tomatoes too. The Landlord w/ tiller & cultivator has been a real hero. I wonder if this hoe would go deep enough for what you want to do. I'm thinking that drain is more than 6 ft deep, yes? My tractor appetites exceed my budget constantly. I do want need a Powermax to restore, and we do have family in Vancouver, but I think I'm going to have to pass on this one. -Don