Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

"Beverage" Wagon

Unkle Spike

Built this for a friend who gets thirsty while mowing the lawn. He is going to paint it to match his Brand X tractor. Enjoy. Anyone know a good color to match a Crapsman tractor, silver?[br]

Not sure about the tractor choice, but the wagon looks good.

Nice job. Fill it up with Bourbon,and no one will care what color it is. Makes a very nice flask. }:)}:)

That lovely thing will outlast the Craftsman tractor by a long shot... Excellent craftsmanship.

Maybe there's cup holders on the bottom side of the lid so when it's open you have someplace to hold your beverage and maybe a handful of Slim Jims. It is the most well designed and crafted lawn implement I have ever seen. I want one.

The barrel can be rotated so the access is from any directions. Perhaps with the right cooler, you could become the neighborhood Ice Cream Man! Of course you would need a GOOD tractor to pull it. I didn't make the barrel, but the cart has probably 8 hours and $75 in materials in it.

I would volunteer to drink a couple mikes or beers... to be sure it works safely... you can't be too careful you know...

Imagine these carts at a tractor event like Spring Fling. It would be like Spring Fling meets Spring Break. Probably turn into a demolition derby in the wrong hands. On the other hand people who, ahem, occasionally run out of gas, could keep a gas can back there.

quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
If he'll be using it while riding shouldn't the door open from the front?;):D
You don't need the door to open if you simply insert a small tube long enough to reach your mouth.:D

Jonathon, I kind of like the Spring Fling meets Spring break theam. I wonder if we could get some of the girls to......... Well, on secound thought. Maybe we should leave well enough alone.C;)sm00:o)

Hello to all: Knew a guy one time (now deceased) who mowed 29 acres of grass with a Kubota and a 5' belly mower who also liked his beer. He came in one morning telling me how he had to learn to pace himself (increase from not paying attention to so many laps per beer). When I asked why he said he caught himself at 3:45 in the morning mowing over what he'd already mowed at about 9 O'clock the evening before!!!!LOLsm04

Hi Dave, Well, supposedly if you build it they will come. It's like that quote from Field of Dreams: "Ray, girls will come Ray. They'll come to Spring Fling for reasons they can't even fathom. They'll turn up at Spring Fling not knowing for sure why they're doing it. They'll arrive at your Allis Chalmers 720, longing for the beverages in that really nifty cooler you are towing behind the tractor...." (Hope Kevin Costner doesn't read this, he'll probably sue me, LOL).

Jeff, what's being Canadian got to do with owning a Craftsman? I've never had one, and as far as I know they were conceived and built in the US and most of them are sold there, presumably not all to ex-Canadians.;)

I kid the guy I built it for about being Canadian. He is a transplant here to Tennessee, and just to hear him talk compared to the locals is a hoot. And the Craftsman thing, that is just a general slur. I know we can't all own Simplicity Tractors, or do all the nutty modifications we do to upgrade, or just keep them "original". No offense or stereotyping was intended to any nationality, or brand owner, only to the particular owner of THIS equipment as an addition to the ribbing I give him daily. When he asked me to build it, my first reaction was, "you have got to be kidding", but I did end up building it didn't I.