Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Belt length, blower drive?

BradW

I am using a one belt style blower on m 700 and with much trouble I am interested in running it from the center pto where the blade deck runs from, does anyone know the length of belt I would need? I would really apreciate any help, -BradW

Brad, what problems are you having. I got frustrated at first with mine but as soon as i worked the bugs out the blower has worked flawless. I have blown 10" of wet snow with no blower problems at all. It really is a good unit, they just need some t.l.c. sometimes. Let us know how your making out.

I believe the 7100/900 series were the first to use the center PTO to drive a snowthrower. I think the belt used is 147" long. I think that length will be too long to work on a 700. Since the 700 did not use the center PTO to drive a snowthrower, there is no "proper" factory belt. Just mount everything up and use a piece of rope (cloths line) to get a pretty close estimate of the actual belt length needed. Also, do a search on "Hitch" and read Al Eden's comments regarding pulleys when using the center PTO to drive a snowthrower. You will probably have to change one pulley's angle and use an "anchor" pulley. Go to the DIY section and take a look at the "Hybrid Hitch" I made. It may work for your application.

Tell me its not supposed to be..... does the blower drive belt have to rotate around the front drive pulley v groove and then do a 180 degree rotation to fit the idler pulleys( or can it run along its back side through the idlers?) It seems like a real forced twist to have the v in the drive pulley then v again in the idlers.

Tell me its not supposed to be..... does the blower drive belt have to rotate around the front drive pulley v groove and then do a 180 degree rotation to fit the idler pulleys( or can it run along its back side through the idlers?) It seems like a real forced twist to have the v in the drive pulley then v again in the idlers.

Not only is the belt the wrong size the backside idler on the cent. pto needs to be relocated OR your belt will last maybe 3 mins!Its a big job,You have to extend the hitch 2 1/2" if memory serves right.That means cutting/welding. Then you have to go to NAPA auto parts and buy the right belt length I think it was an A-139 141"? don't remember exact size but its a WHOLE LOT easier to get the right hitch and frt. pto and run it off the eng using the 66.1" OEM belt.It basically works out you have to make the hitch length fit the belt sizes that are avail.NOT all extra long length size belts are avail. Hope that helps you some!