Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

1968 Rugg Carpet Cut Mower

4xbill

Picked up this little thing today, too. Cleaned out the tank, checked oil added new gas and she fired up. Ran and cut OK. Started surging and struggling under a load. Any ideas? What's a comon casue for this?

Probably a dirty carb, especially if it's been sitting. Take it apart and clean everything and it should be OK. The tank may also be dirty so you may want to check that too. Is that the same tractor that was on eBay a few times?

Cool Deal! dOd I agree with Tom about the carb. Later on when you get the chance add a fuel filter.

Tom, yes it was. Have you ever bought anything from that guy? I went to Clifton to pick it up. Talk about a warehouse full of "stuff", holy cow. They clean out estates. Mark, already cleaned the tank and added a filter. I'll have to take the whole carb off and clean it up. thanks

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
Tom, yes it was. Have you ever bought anything from that guy? I went to Clifton to pick it up. Talk about a warehouse full of "stuff", holy cow. They clean out estates.
Where is this place located in Clifton? My Parents are originally from there, and alot of my realtives still live there. I even have a street that has my last name on it. "Stanchak Ct." off of Allwood Rd. named after my Great Uncle, Nicholas Stanchak (whom I am named after) who was killed in WW2.

It's at 1500 Main Ave. It looks to be an old factory or mill, converted to warehouse/studio space.

quote:
Originally posted by 4xbill
It's at 1500 Main Ave. It looks to be an old factory or mill, converted to warehouse/studio space.
I did a google search of the address. I am familiar with the building. My great-grandmother worked there when it was the Woolen Mills. Neat little machine BTW. 8D

No, I never bought anthing from that guy Bill, but he seems to have some interesting stuff on his auctions when I run into them. When i first saw that tractor I thought it was neat, but it was a little pricey at the time. I know he kept lowering the price so i guess you got a deal! Good luck with it.