Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Onan CCKB Oil Leak

npalen

I have a leak (well actually the engine does) that appears to be somewhere around the oil filter area. Would like to power wash this area but wondering about potential problems with getting water into the wrong place such as the starter. Any help and tips about locating the leak are appreciated. Thanks Nelson

Nelson, Over the course of time the filter housing gasket tends to harden up & leak. You could check to be sure the two bolts have brass washers on them (when you're replacing the gasket... LOL). Also, when you take the head cover off, look to see if there's oil coming from timing cover. These are HOT running engines & the seals & gaskets get baked after a while (every 20 - 30 years... LOL). Let us know what you find.... PS I have had a few that the sending unit leaked.....

Jim--Gave her a bath and can readily see that the filter housing gasket is leaking. Can I replace it without pulling the engine? Looks like theres just two bolts that are fairly accessible. Anyone know of a source for a replacement gasket without buying a whole set? Also leaking a little around the fuel pump base. Need to pull the fuel pump and make a cover as I'm running an electric FP. Nelson

Yes you can replace it without removing the engine but you need small hands.............I replaced the gasket and it leaked again then I used silicone