Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What pushbars work for my dozer blade?

mmischni

I have a dozer blade attachment 990891 for a '64 Broadmoor. It is a 42" blade. I want to put it on my Landlord and looking about at the manuals on the Simplicity site, it looks like the blades are pretty much the same and that I would only need the proper pushbar/bracket and lift rod. Can I get a confirmation on that? The last time I almost made a bracket, I found one for sale for $20, so I want to try to get the right bracket before I spend a lot of time and scrap steel on it :) Thanks! Here is the blade with part of the Broadmoor bracket attached.

Yes, the blades are about the same and the hitches should all fit. I have a blade from a 4212 and it also fits on the hitch for my 6518 and my Broadmoors. I hope that helps.

Yes the plow really should be the same, just the hitch is different. If you are not going to use the Broadmoor hitch let me know, I'm interested. If I had an extra I would just swap.

From the picture, he's trying to attach it to back? Never heard of this? Or am I reading to much into the picture?

Haha! It just happens to be sitting behind the tractor. Mark and Thomas, thanks for the confirmation. Thomas, I hate to give up a part for a currently running tractor, so I will hold on to the hitch for now, in case the Broadmoor needs to be a backup tractor. Seems I only ever have one running tractor anyhow! All I need now is a second blower for the landlord.... Matt