Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
BLT

This and that...

BLT
This year garden tractorwise, started out on April 11. I met Brian313 in one of the sloppiest snow storms I have seen for that portion of Indiana, to pick up a JD 60 RLM to finish the one I have. Ya-ya, I have a Deere and it is the oldest thing in my fleet, 1967. A couple of weeks later, a neighbor stops by and says he has to clean his garage and has to get rid of these and are they worth $100.00?
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/twofour.jpg[/img]
Both batteries are dead so I didn't know if I should take the chance. I did buy them and trailered them home. That same day another friend of mine gives back to me a repowered B-207 RLM I sold him 12 years ago and has seen its day chassis wise, but has new battery and real good 11 HP engine. Stripped down 207, engine goes to shed, battery goes into DA 613 and that runs pretty good, did a few odds and ends things, sold it tonite for $275.00 and now my 3212H is a 'freebe' so to speak. I got a new battery for it (3212H)) , give a shot of gas and engine runs A - OK, no smoke. Mower deck is fine but hydraulic system needs some attention. I found out today that a former employee where I work has bought a Simplicity dealership not to far away from where I live and has seventy five garden tractors, used, that needs new owners. I am going there Saturday and maybe find another Soverign that has headlights to install on the one I just bought. I will take some pictures when I'm there. My son was bugging me all spring that I needed a bigger trailer to haul stuff and my son in-law also expressed an interest. My son spotted a used trailer in the classifieds which he said we should check out, only $750.00. We ended up with this that was less then a year old. We split the costs, $250.00 each
[img]/club2/attach/BLT/JDTrctrTrlr.jpg[/img]
I stuck the 60 in there to save on pictures submitted. Tractor shows start in a week for me from now thru mid October. Busy time but fun.

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by mmischni
And what became of the 75 used garden tractors? And those pictures you mentioned :) Matt
Well I guess they been labled collectors items and the prices suddenly shot up. Must be waiting for the right collectors as everything I saw had a good layer of dust on it. I was going to post some pictures and I don't know what to do now. Another thing I didn't know is that there is a lot of consignment machines housed in the same building. Could be frustrating.